Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Re: I'll finish that message here shall I?
Dec 06, 2001, 11:59
Blimey! Isn't the world small???

I met someone in the Basqueland who told me of an Irishman-stalker very interested in his work on the Basque dolmens and stone circles, after coming across his photos, like me, by chance, in a photo-shop in Donostia/San Sebastian. He was an archaeologist, so could it have been him?

Of course I am referring to A. Weir, I've been looking for the definitive Irish fieldguide and I liked the book reviews and the title.

As for Iberia, I've been raving about it for the last three years, as well as travelling extensively around its many 'nations'. Once you get over the hurdles of diet the vast countryside opens up like a limitless land of freedom (barring the hunters and other species of wankers). Spain is a pork-devourer of incredible proportions, and meat is cooked in all varieties as an accompaniment to all meals. Thus, the best thing to do is to only eat the first course, which is usually a healthy dish of veg, pulse, etc However, if you manage to find one without pork bits tell me.
Check out my 'ancient' raving posts on Monsaraz / Portugal and other places by selecting the forum's threads by name if you have the time. Since I am called Annexus, they should be among the first to appear, right after the late a23...who's now hybernating.

I see you've found the Kilmartin site....have you noticed, to go back to my earlier thread on River Gods, how the disposition of cairns and standing stones is laid along the rivers? Forget the duns, they were Iron Age defensive thangs, as far as I know, so they would be logically placed near the sea.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index