Graffiti at WKLB.
This topic is locked

Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cameltoe
8 posts

Re: Reclaiming unacceptable symbols
Apr 06, 2005, 11:17
>>why bother beating my head against the wall with those intent on making fools of themselves to satisfy their own sad egos. Clear enough?!!<<

Perfectly clear.

You'll be off now then?

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Re: BNP blameless
Apr 06, 2005, 11:17
"I want to express my freedom ans daub swastikas all around Golders Green. I also want to get angry that I'm misunderstood. I vill HAF MY VAY! YOU IGNORANTS!

I do this for PEACE and CHANGE THEE WORLD!!!!ARGHIIIEE!!!
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 12:06
Well, yes. I mutter 'bollocks' under my breath to the poor miserable bible-reading death-cultist who tells me I'm damned. He still has a right to believe what he wants, even though I think he's an offensive misguided arse.

Encouraging racial hatred is another matter entirely.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 12:14
I don't often post on here, but I just have to reply to the drivel you have just posted. I have never, ever come across such an opinionated, patronising, ignorant, sad, offensive git as you, and hope I never will again. Go back under the stone where you belong, along with the other woodlice. No, wait, that's an insult to woodlice.
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 12:16
*yawn*
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 12:18
"...Go forth and multiply?"

You'd better hope he isn't after a second coming ;)
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 12:34
> I will explain to those who want to learn but, why bother beating my head against the wall with those intent on making fools of themselves to satisfy their own sad egos. Clear enough?!!

I have asked you to explain. I want to learn, I truly do! But what kind of teacher tells the pupil that they are ignorant because they don't yet know? The teacher is there to teach, to enlighten. You don't seem to want to impart any wisdom whatsoever, so I shall remain ignorant until you do so! Which you probably won't because you don't know yourself. This is why you talk in riddles.

People are born ignorant - you ARE entitled to your opinion, but why dno't you want to share it? I could say "I spoke with god yesterday - told me LOADS of stuff about the future of mankind! I'll not tell anyone what he said though because you're too ignorant." As you can see - it doesn't make sense!

G x
Wiggy
1696 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 12:38
...what's yr stance on masonic imagary Mike?...
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Apr 06, 2005, 12:39
I'll let the Avebury Tractor boys know, you can explain all to them
Rhiannon
5291 posts

sidetracking
Apr 06, 2005, 13:18
I totally agree with you Jane. I think we're being led off the point, which is that damaging irreplaceable ancient sites is a Very Bad Thing, whether you scratch your initials or chalk esoteric symbols on them.

I don't think it's possible to reclaim/reeducate whatever regarding the swastika, because it's just too short a time between nazi Germany and now. If you leave it another hundred years, maybe. But now, it's impossible and undesirable, because there are loads of people alive who were involved in the war, and loads of people who have close relatives who died in it. You can't make a 180* turn in the meaning of a symbol just like that.

I'd go and pick another one if I were you, to symbolise Love and Peace. Unless of course you live in India and swastikas have long been part of your heritage. Ok you sometimes see them in the borders of Roman mosaics here. But it's not that widely used in this culture - probably why hitler picked it in the first place? because it didn't come attached with a popular understanding?

In fact, if I like British/Irish prehistoric monuments so much, I think I'd pick a symbol off some rock art. But that's just my opinion, whatever.
Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index