This topic is locked

Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: BI thing?
Nov 05, 2003, 16:20
Forgot to mention this earlier, but didya know that 'brainstorm' in that sense is now considered 'politcally incorrect' in some circles because of it's association with some mental health issues? WTF?

Can't remember what the PC version is.

love

moth
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

AHA
Nov 05, 2003, 16:20
Alan Partridge would like that one!

AFAH is good tho
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

AFAH
Nov 05, 2003, 16:22
that was my fave, too.

Does what it says on the tin, mostly.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: rockulous idea sirrah...
Nov 05, 2003, 16:26
There's an organization called ASLaN http://www.geniusloci.co.uk/aslan.htm
(inspired by Andy Burnham? Not sure)
which is of good intent but includes EH and NT in their membership and I'm not sure they achieve more than the promotion of general goodwill towards sites, (though I'm happy to be corrected). I think it tends to prove my point absolutely that a Lobby group separate from the Establishment is sorely needed.
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: AFAH
Nov 05, 2003, 16:27
Yup!

I just thought the 'for' & F were unnecessary - but I like it anyway!

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Nov 05, 2003, 16:29
Mmm. I've come across them at some point & am pretty sure they don't seem to achieve much - so I think you're spot on Nigel.

love

Moth
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Re: Getting Serious about Conservation
Nov 05, 2003, 16:30
One big question:

Are we concerned with a snappy name for an exclusive TMA action group or do we hope to attract others with similar concerns and so GROW more powerful?

If we want to be more powerful then we have to seek to influence decision makers and public opinion as well as to sit in front of bulldozers. Think about how allies and enemies may perceive us - then look at names, words and acronyms with a thought for their effectiveness rather than cleverness.
I can only repeat that the scope and purpose must come before titles on headed notepaper.

One little question:

Why are people on TMA so bloody coy about spelling ROMANS and CHRISTIANS?
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Getting Serious about Conservation
Nov 05, 2003, 16:35
The answer to your little question is that it's a daft little in-joke that some of us use coz we have our strong reservations about R*mans & xtians...!

As far as your more serious points are concerned ES, I'll leave it to Nigel, as the whole thing came from his origanal thoughts.

love

Moth
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Nov 05, 2003, 16:36
I think that it is Andy Norfolk. Don't think it is particularly well endowed with teeth though.
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Nov 05, 2003, 16:36
Anything that bypasses EH would be a great step forward! The Stonehenge Solstice Celebration group and round table have been liasing with EH for sometime, and have become VERY frustrated by the lack of any forward thinking and entangled in minute details of access.

People pressure is the best way forward... keep it simple and free of buzzwords and New Labour speak. Folk have been marketed to enuff and don't trust slickly worded promises anymore.... or at least the folk who are likely to do anything.
Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index