jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: What You Watching 3
Sep 04, 2018, 12:17
All 3 series of Uncle

The last series of Cuckoo

On Youtube:

The Vancouver debate between Jordan Peterson and Sam Harris, the heavyweight public intellectuals of the intellectual dark web or something.

Some Rebel Wisdom Vids:

The Shadow and the Zen Master Podcast

The split in the Western Soul with Tim Freke
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Sep 22, 2018, 12:00
Up to the 4th series of Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle. It has mostly been engaging but the first couple of episodes in the 4th series I thought were below his usual standards. I don't really see the point of him talking to Chris Morris and previously armando ianucci either - basically admitting that his act is ill conceived in some 'meta' layer of irony and post modernism which apparently makes everything ok. Having said that, I do enjoy their analysis of his act!

Finishing off the final series of Being Human thanks to access of my sister's Netflix account. They have had some comedy heroes of mine in latter episodes like Julian Barratt and Ricky Grover. *Spoiler* Seeing 'Bobby' die was very upsetting

Been checking out Netflix stand up. Daniel Sloss was the first to be recommended but wasn't particularly enamoured. James Acaster i knew to be worthy of an hour's attention. Also watched Ricky Gervais' Humanity show but didn't get to the end because I didn't want to and I still have some life ahead of me.
thaliadaniels
4 posts

Edited Sep 29, 2018, 12:47
Sep 28, 2018, 19:39
Hello, I'm a Web Designer in an online company that offers these dog training collars which is used primarily to correct the bad habits such as barking, digging, and chewing, training Collar can transform a misbehave dog into a well obedient dog. I'm watching Lebron and the other new Lakers practice game. :)
1001realapes
1001realapes
2387 posts

Edited Oct 01, 2018, 02:45
Oct 01, 2018, 02:43
Grand Designs

(My Hulu only has seasons 11-14) : (

current seasons of :

Better Call Saul

Shameless

The Mayans
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Oct 03, 2018, 01:48
Just caught it before it left the iPlayer.

Wow.

The child boxing was jaw-droppingly awful.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Edited Oct 09, 2018, 11:02
TRUST & OZARK
Oct 09, 2018, 11:00
On the Castle Calamity over the last few months - and worthy of my recommendation:

Trust - The Danny Boyle series about The Getty kidnap of the 70s. Great production values, performances and soundtrack. I also see former Chumbawamba singer Alice Nutter is coproducer on most episodes (just a little nerdiness, there). It's all currently on iPlayer.

Ozark - We've just finished watching the second series of this pretty compelling series. Great writing and performances. Netflix.
1001realapes
1001realapes
2387 posts

Oct 14, 2018, 03:56
Whilst catsitting :

Fear The Walking Dead (S04)

Doctor Who, first ep. of new season

A few eps of Penn & Teller : Fool Us (current season)
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 19, 2018, 15:00
1001realapes wrote:
A few eps of Penn & Teller : Fool Us (current season)

Dude, please. "Penn & Teller : FU"
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Nov 02, 2018, 19:58
There's 2 good documentaries on the BBC iPlayer just now:

Two Types: The Faces Of Britain, available for 8 days

Timewatch: The Last days Of World War One, available for 29 days
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Nov 02, 2018, 20:13
recent convert to netflix:

The Good Place
Happy
Black Mirror. Just finished series one. Topical on the money sci fi satire type fare. Blummin good too

James Acaster live 4 parter

On iplayer:

Luisa Omelan - Politics for bitches. Actually pretty reasonable take on modern political issues from a not bad stand up
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index