What You Watching 3

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

What You Watching 3
Apr 01, 2018, 18:28
The BBC have 2 comedy series focused on life's later years.

Hold The Sunset has the cast with past plaudits, but (imo) it's very poor.

Mum, now closing it's second series, is (imo) awesome.
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: What You Watching 3
Apr 01, 2018, 21:38
I gave Hold the sunset a go, thinking that if it involved John Cleese and Alison Steadman it had to have something about it. Yeah, lost interest after an episode.

Well I have been Youtubing Murray Lachlan Young after seeing him in Truro last night. Tracked down the track that was an entry point into all things MLY too - I'm being hunted by the Rolling Stones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARpZGkqmOFI
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Apr 01, 2018, 22:59
Borderline on netflix. Really good acshully!
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Apr 01, 2018, 23:04
Also watching a shitload of documentaries on norwegian black metal. Those were the days back in 93 burning down churches and killing the fuck out of each other.
Sunn 0))) is far fucking scarier ... like actually really scarier won't listen on my headphones in the darkened bedroom trying to sleep scarier. But those boys back then could muster up a pretty fair old storm in the studio.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Apr 02, 2018, 02:44
Just finnished watching the last episode of Craith, it's a welsh language cop series, much like the excellent Hinterland. Looks to be set around Angelsey/North Wales. Don't speak the lingo, so it's subtitles all the way, but it's a great (if dark) little show. Highly recommended. Had it recorded, but it was up on S4C fer a time.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 02, 2018, 12:16
Just finishing watching Hinterland, Keeping Faith is supposed to be good too.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2365 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2018, 21:09
Apr 02, 2018, 21:07
Hinterland was one of my fav cop shows of the last few years, you can see why the Scandies love it, very similar vibe to shows like the Killing and the Bridge. Ditto Craith fer that matter, but just checked and it's not on Iplayer anymore, or S4C, which is a shame, it deserves a bigger audience. Sure it was up last week. Maybe it'll be on terestrial TV again soon. Cheers fer the heads up, not heard of Keeping Faith, will check it out if it's still on.

edit, looks like Craith is another bi-lingual series, didn't realise that, so I guess the beeb or C4 or whoever commisioned it may stick it on terrestrial soon(ish).
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Apr 02, 2018, 22:30
Youtubing a bit of Jordan Peterson - in particular his interview with Russell Brand in his Podcast, Under the Skin and his Ted talk. Very intelligent Psychologist type heavily influenced by the likes of Joseph Campbell and Jung.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 02, 2018, 23:05
I've found it on Dailymotion so will enjoy that when I get a chance. I've got a ton of things to get through at the moment and no rush if it's a one off thing. There's a series 4 of The Bridge coming up which is the last one.

Took me ages to get round to Hinterland, but bloody hell that just got better!
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Apr 02, 2018, 23:06
Trying to catch up with some bits, finally got round to watching series 1 of Detectorists, series 3 of The Fall, which was really good, watched Hinterland, which was just amazing, got the last series' of Turn (Washington's Spies) and The Leftovers to look forward to this week
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Village Pump Index