Unsung Forum »
listening to music

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Telepathine
371 posts

Re: listening to music
Jan 20, 2003, 20:44
I'm afraid I'm with grufty on this one. How you listen to music is as subjective as the music you like to listen to (you know that old saying 'one man's...')

Personally, if i like something, then i tend to play it to death, till i really can't listen to it anymore, then go back to it at a later date, to 'have another shufty'.
Though if something doesn't grab me by the nads after the first few listenings, it'll go on the back burner till maybe I'm in a different mood or cercumstance, and I'll give it a try, though I'm not gonna put myself through hours of what i would consider pap, just to say that i've listened to it properly. Life's to short, and there's far to much other stuff out there that 'might' grab me by the gumbas to waste time 'persiveering' with something i don't enjoy.

Many of the records people have been posting are fairly old, which may suggest that they have had em' a fair while, so are quite familiar with the records anyhow. To go back and play em' a few times in a week is hardly a crime, as they are still obviously getting off' on the tunes.

I know the Wire magazine is big on this whole 'Deep Listening' idea, but as grufty says, if a lightweight throw-away popsong floats your boat, then who are we to say that it's wrong.

As i said before, it's all subjective...whatever floats your boat.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index