Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pebblesfromheaven
pebblesfromheaven
853 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 11/01/03
Jan 12, 2003, 19:03
Mr Cat
Any chance of a copy of "Amused By Genitals - Will piss on a Camels face for money and cheese" ??

It can't be a coincidence that the title alone touches on five of my favourite things. So it must be good.

.o0O0o.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Re: Bakerloo
Jan 12, 2003, 19:04
A check on the internet has revealed that Bakerloo's self titled album has indeed been reissued, on the Repertoire label. HMV claim to be able to supply it within three days. Let's see if they can.

I also note that all the Harvest Pete Brown albums are available on cheapo BGO double sets. They're winking at me as well.

Amazing what's available innit.

DW

(P.S. Expect a CDR in the post as requested, Joolio)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Mother Earth
Jan 12, 2003, 19:37
Dude....any chance of a copy of The People Tree? I've got ME's other stuff and like it muchly. Every (rare) time I've seen People Tree it's been arsemeltingly expensive. Could arrange a copy of other Mother Earth things if you wish (if I pester my chums wiv tha teknology)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 12, 2003, 19:41
It's apparently available in all good House of Fraser stores and certain branches of Asda. Comes on enhanced digital crispy jelly CD with deluxe cladding around the groin, and DJ unfriendly piss soaked vinyl in a fetching shade of flattened monkey jam. Go get 'em girl!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Jan 12, 2003, 20:54
Blue Oyster Cult - Tyranny and Mutation
Blue Oyster Cult - Secret Treaties
Gryphon - Gryphon
Weather Report - Black Market
Greenslade - Beside Manners are Extra
Emerson Lake and Palmer - Trilogy & Pictures at an Exhibition
Bob Marley and the Wailers - Catch a Fire
the Beatles - Help!
Spirit - Future Games
Patti Smith - Horses
Harold udd/Brian Eno - the Pearl
the Who - Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
the Smiths -eponymous
Pixies - trompe le monde
tamla motown gold 3 cd set
king dice - radiation meditation
vivaldi - the four seasons

despite the long list I thought I'd keep it minimal and not explain why I've listened to em all...had some fun along the way!

Squiddo
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jan 12, 2003, 21:33
Always wondered; what do Greenslade sound like? Gis a little description Mr. Squid. I've note heard a note.
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: Bakerloo
Jan 12, 2003, 22:56
It is indeed. Cheers for the CD - I have recorded Quark for u I'll sling the Quatermass disc in with it if u want.

Joolio
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: Mother Earth
Jan 12, 2003, 23:05
Check your emails Master Cat

8-)
242 posts

Jan 12, 2003, 23:27
got a CDr of WSYM by Cope from Moey - nice one. He has such a gift for psychedelic punk/ pop, a great ear for a melody as well as being punky.

Decided to dig out my copy of Boards of Canads's Geogaddi as everyone was raving about it - and it did live up to the hype. It does funny things to me when I put it on to get me to sleep.

Finally got round to listening to Alice Coltrane's Transcendance which is a lovely understated laid back affair - no way near as frenetic as say transfiguration.

Bought a Small Faces anthology, confusing them with The Faces who I actually quite like (avec Rod Stewart). Anyway, I thought it was awful and will be trying to give it away as of now. Anyone interested?

Can't get enough of George Clinton and picked up his topuafom album from 1996. Effortless class, and having said that it is by no means his best.

That's about it really.
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Jan 12, 2003, 23:44
Venom - Welcome to Hell & Black Metal
VDGG - The Aerosol Grey Machine
Hawkwind - Weird Tapes (Free Festivals volume)
The Byrds - Dr Byrds and Mr Hyde
Motorhead - On Parole
Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
Justin Hayward and John Lodge - Blue Jays
T Rex - Live 1977

Oh, and purely by coincedence, Forest's first two albums out on a very reasonably priced double CD on BGO. so no need to get that overdraft extension
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index