Queen Elizabeth - The Corpse of Queen Elizabeth

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2383 posts

Re: Queen Elizabeth - The Corpse of Queen Elizabeth
Mar 03, 2024, 00:43
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black"
Carlos
Carlos
3885 posts

Mar 06, 2024, 21:05
Unfortunately, I will stop buying products from England. They almost never arrive in Portugal. I can't understand why. The last times I bought here at HH, there were always problems. HH was always amazing, sending me the article again, free of charge (thanks very very much, Wendy). Even so, Cope Note's 5 never arrived. I'm so sorry about this. I have more than 100 CDs and LPs by Julian Cope and his projects, but everything has gone very wrong a couple of years ago. This makes me very sad...
Marjorie Eclipse
11 posts

Mar 06, 2024, 23:11
International postage is a prohibitively expensive nightmare nowadays unfortunately.

Not so long ago, I used to buy music (usually CDs) from all over the world but it's usually not worth the risk anymore. UK Brexit aside, I've no idea why things have deteriorated so awfully - and so quickly - but it's a very frustrating situation.

Obviously streaming and downloads circumnavigate the problem to some degree, but I'm an old fart and will always prefer a hard copy of whatever I'm listening to - I'm stuck in my ways in that respect I suppose!
Carlos
Carlos
3885 posts

Mar 07, 2024, 06:53
Same here. I'm not a download kind of guy.
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2024, 12:24
Mar 13, 2024, 12:22
My copy arrived here in the States this week and am currently on my fourth listen. Enjoying it for the most part. Not much info about recording dates or the main players, but there is a clear list of "guests" for each song. I assume that Thighpaulsanda is NOT on track 3, but is he on the other ones? Or were all four tracks from the same session, which Thigh was too sick to take part in? In terms of when this was recorded, I'm guessing after Elizabeth Vagina but before Queen Elizabeth Hall. I think I'm liking it more than EV, but I haven't heard that one in years... Something unique this time around is greater use of cymbals and guitar, creating an "atmospheric ambience" that Cope would later do better with some of his 131 bands.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index