Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Edited Feb 29, 2024, 21:43
Re: Queen Elizabeth - The Corpse of Queen Elizabeth
Feb 29, 2024, 21:04
Mr Crowley wrote:
Now available in the merchandiser

Nice. Wonder when this was recorded. I assume the last track is a version of the one from I, Thighpaulsandra.
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Mar 01, 2024, 00:33
Mar 01, 2024, 00:24
Now THIS is unexpected! Only really dig "Superstar" from QE but I'm intrigued.

Given that it's Queen Elizabeth, I'm surprised that they were able to cram 4 tracks into those short 75+ minutes..
prefernot
35 posts

Mar 01, 2024, 06:05
I tried to order this tonight. Unfortunately, I could not. My guess is that my accounts are frozen. I had to re-apply for health insurance (here in the glorious US and A) because I went from no income to para-poverty-line income. I am committing two major sins: I do not own a smart phone, and I have not used credit in over a decade. The latter is particularly heinous because anybody not deeply in debt (unless they are so rich that the rules do not apply) may understand the reality of money sufficiently to object to a $33T debt. The US Gummint deferred validating my "identity" to the credit bureau. Having a Gummint-tracked device coupled with data mining from a major mobile provider is more important than Gummint issued IDs, documents, etc.

The world must be a terrible place if so many people think that moving to the US and A will be a major upgrade. How is Canada? I hear Canadians generally dislike egotism, which is the major character flaw of most Americans and the reason I won't work in health care in America. I've seen too many highly-paid jerks hurt patients (in a "patients first" workplace) in order to cover up mistakes that might cost somebody their next promotion/raise. If they had to choose between saving your life and saving their career, you'd die.

Sorry for the long tangential diatribe. It's getting nearly impossible for anybody with a brain to live in a country where Trump will likely be elected again as president. The more his sins are revealed, the more support he gains. US politics are like my old lab: people are rewarded for bad behavior.

My head hurts. I could use a new QE album to play while staring out the window. Goto 10.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2380 posts

Edited Mar 01, 2024, 09:40
Mar 01, 2024, 09:37
Off thread alert...

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I hear ya brother. It doesn't pay to be poor anywhere these days. The wealthy have stitched us up good and proper and got everyone believing that all the troubles of the world are because of the less well off creaming away 'your tax dollars' whilst somehow avoiding paying taxes due to them by clever loop holes and cloak and dagger tactics usually implemented by their 'friends' in government. Deffo got worse since the 2008 crash. The general population have had to bail out the wealthy by continuous austerity cut backs to the point that nothing is funded or works properly, and not many, if any of those responsible have been held truly accountable for the dodgy shenanagans they got up to to make it happen (anyone remember the whole sub prime fiasco). Has a lot to do with the banks and corporations running/influeincing/dictating government policy. And don't even get me started on the rewarding of failure. I'd be out on my ass if I was as incompetant as the assholes running just about anything of importance. In the UK we call it Jobs for the Boys. Keep well, and hope you manage to get back on track somehow. There was a low rent comedy film back in 2006 called Idiocracy which wasn't great, but had it's moments. I kinda feel that has come to pass however unlikely it seemed back then.

Apologies for being off topic.... I do kinda like QE, but not sure I've got the finances at the mo to pick one up. I'll see if I can find a sampler online and make my choice then.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Mar 01, 2024, 15:31
We certainly still have the rich vs poor struggle in Canada, but at least no one goes into debt for being sick. Also trying to get a Pharmacare bill passed to help with medication prices (especially for seniors on fixed incomes).

It's not a perfect system, but no one is turned away from medical help, just sometimes you have to wait a long time for tests and treatment.

We all feel terrible for those US citizens who are just trying to survive, when those in power just keep driving up prices and rolling back human rights.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Mar 01, 2024, 16:47
prefernot wrote:
How is Canada? I hear Canadians generally dislike egotism...

I presume you are excluding Trudeau from those Canadians without ego.
burningworld
16 posts

Mar 02, 2024, 03:47
Sorry to hear. The US sucks. I know because I live here. So much hypocrisy
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

Mar 02, 2024, 10:08
Some excellent minimalist graphic design from Avalon. Great looking package all-round, only a minute or so in to the actual sounds though.
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Mar 02, 2024, 12:08
You got yours already?
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index