Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 July 2023 CE

10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 July 2023 CE
Jul 16, 2023, 21:52
I Trawl The Megahertz – Prefab Sprout
I missed out on this when it was initially released as a Paddy McAloon album after which it was unavailable/expensive for some years. Thankfully it got re-released a few years back, now credited to PS which hopefully brought it to wider audience as it it really is a quite remarkable set. The lengthy opening track is a thing of wonder.

Jeopardy – The Sound
Shock Of Daylight – The Sound
I played Heyday and it still sounded as great as ever in a Teardrops with Pistols power kinda way, so I had to listen to some of their other stuff. I remember initially being disappointed with some of the other numbers on their debut LP, Jeopardy, because they weren't like Heyday but that soon passed. They weren't just some one trick pony. Shock Of Daylight, the mini-album from 1984, is really special, too, not least the beautiful if almost defeatist track Winter.

Wraith – Teeth Of The Sea
I didn't play this much when I first got it, but it's one of those albums that sounds great now that I've gone back to it. Playing it a lot at the moment.

The Sin Of Pride – The Undertones
Well I hadn't heard this in a long time! It's not all great but I admire them for not just being content with re-hashing their first album (as great as it is). I'd forgotten all about Love Before Romance which I think I first heard on a live TV performance. And Love Parade was a great single that really should have done better.

Also...
Red – Black Uhuru

Peggy Suicide – Julian Cope

Standers – Craven Faults

Fuse - EBTG

Punkt - Faust

Sleepless - Immersion

People Get Ready: The Best of Curtis Mayfield's Impressions – The Impressions

American Love Call – Durand Jones & the Indications

For Ever - Jungle

S/T – Killing Joke

Kiwanauka – Michael Kiwanuka