Topic View: Flat | Threaded
garerama
garerama
1118 posts

Edited May 15, 2023, 22:55
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 May 2023 CE
May 15, 2023, 22:47
Monganaut wrote:
Think After All is my V fav Bowie track ever. Took me many years to like then love The Man Who Sold The World, but it's deffo top 3 Bowie these days. I find it a weird, stygian unearthly record. I'm guessing it was made at the height of his occult dabbling's, but I can't be certain about that. Sadly, I'm one of those suckers that buys it whenever a 'new' mix is issued, just to see if any more enjoyment can be wrung out of it.

Strangely when they did do the re-mix of TMWSTW and renamed it a few years back, After All was the only track Tony did not remix. And yes there is that line in the song "Live till your rebirth and do what you will" - a hint at Crowley who would be referenced again in "Hunky Dory" (... Golden Dawn, immersed in Crowley's uniform). In true Bowie style like what he did with Major Tom who would crop up again in Ashes To Ashes, Crowley would appear again in the song Station To Station (White Stains - a Crowley book amid his wailings about the Qabalah).

Occult aside, it is very childish song, at the same time there is a sadness too (it is in a minor key). Very like another unsung gem, The Monkees "Merry Go Round" ...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index