Monganaut
2382 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 May 2023 CE
May 15, 2023, 17:49
keith a wrote:
Standers – Craven Faults
Live Works – Craven Faults
Enclosures – Craven Faults
The long-awaited new Craven Faults LP is finally here and on the strength of a first play it's as great as I had hoped. And the cd boxset comes with the other two releases above (both of which are excellent) if anyone who likes long electronic instrumentals is interested.

Days: Live From Alien Research Centre – The Notwist
Vertigo Days is one of my favourite and most played albums of recent times. I really do think that they may have bettered their 2002 classic Neon Golden with this one and I never thought they would do that. So I had to get this live version – sure it doesn't veer far from the studio album but it's great to hear all the same.

Must admit, first coupla listenings to Standers had me slightly underwhelmed, may wait a while afore dipping my toes again. CD box sounds nice, did you get one of those cool reel to reel patches in it? Bought the three CD of Erratics may moons ago, nothing that isn't available but nice to have. He's apparently doing a coupla dates up at a mill in Leeds, can't make it myself sadly.

Cheers for the heads up on the Notwist live album. Saw them support Stereolab on the Cobra and Phases tour many many moons ago with the Neon Golden album being toured. Bought it the same night and it's still my fav by them.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index