Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2614 posts

Edited Jun 13, 2021, 18:45
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 12 June 2021 CE
Jun 13, 2021, 18:44
Monganaut wrote:

Faust - The Faust Tapes/71 Mins/BBC Sessions
Snap with Fitter! Still love the Bridget Riley cover on the Virgin LP, even tho my 10 gen hand me down vinyl is pretty much unpayable. You could argue that the numerous pops, clicks, rumbles and scratches give a unique bit of 'extra' Faust to the disc. Also like Fitter I miss heard the lyrics of J'Mal Aux Dents, but I heard "Checked by Buddha, Check my own fantasy" Guess my mind wasn't so filthy ;)

Quite. But then according to the ReR lyric sheet, I was nearly spot on in thinking that part of the lyric for the penultimate part of Side Two was “See her lying in the grass, must be a nice nice feeling for her ass”. They actually sing that!

With you on the surface noise of the orig vinyl adding to the experience. Then again, how many of our favourite records are ingrained with the clicks, scratches and jumps of the pressings we first heard them on? It was only when I first heard Magazine’s ‘Secondhand Daylight’ on CD that I realised that a LP I’d known and adored for thirty years jumped all over the place!

Unsung Forum Index