Topic View: Flat | Threaded
flashbackcaruso
1056 posts

Edited Jun 10, 2018, 08:42
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 June 2018
Jun 10, 2018, 08:42
Nick Drake - Made To Love Magic

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
Pink Floyd - The Shape of Questions To Heaven (version 1 of soniclovenoize's construction of a 2nd PF album, if Syd had been more fully involved. As ever this compilation is often very creatively sequenced - the segue from 'Golden Hair' to 'Set The Controls...' is brilliantly achieved)

Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail
Genesis - Wind & Wuthering

The Kinks - The Kinks
The Kinks - Kinda Kinks
The Kinks - The Kink Kontroversy

Madness - One Step Beyond
Madness - Absolutely
Madness - 7

Blancmange - Happy Families
Blancmange - Mange Tout
Blancmange - Believe You Me

of Arrowe Hill - Domestic Espionage

Amon Düül II - Vive La Trance
Amon Düül II - Utopia
Amon Düül II - Live At The BBC

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (2009 remix - thought I'd finally give this a second listen after being unconvinced by it when it first came out. My initial reservations still stand, the addition of a few extra bars on Part One not being much of a trade-off for the loss of the drum intro to the 'piltdown man' section on Part Two, and the climax of Part One sounds feeble, the titular bells apologetically buried in the mix rather than clanging out triumphantly the way they did on the original mix. But I must admit it is nice to hear instruments that were previously hidden and for the most part the sound is more balanced. Part Two sounds particularly satisfying and the new segue into Mr Piltdown is quite effective. But, for all its imperfections, I'll still go for the original. Rough round the edges, but that's part of the charm).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index