Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 October 2017 CE
Oct 31, 2017, 19:21
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool. One of their stronger releases in recent years methinks. But then they haven't done too badly in the last 10 years or so.

I had that on the other day too. Quite suits the melancholy of late October Autumn...
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Oct 31, 2017, 19:26
Monganaut wrote:

P.S., anyone know whats up with Squid Tempest, not seen him around these here parts fer a while, he is OK isn't he ?

Aww man, thanks for thinking of me! Actually I've been on holiday recently - 2 weeks in Sri Lanka. Not a huge amount of interwebbing while I was away as you'll understand!

I've also been busy with recording a new Black Tempest album - lots of work going into this at present. And then there's my yoga teaching! Excuses I know, but I have genuinely been very busy - and I hasten to add, enjoying it all!

I've been trying to catch up on Soundtracks and stuff, but haven't had time for posting my list lately - will try to remedy that this weekend :)
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Nov 01, 2017, 17:01
Hey, good to hear you're OK. Holiday sounded lush, and looking forward to you new BT stuff :)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Nov 01, 2017, 19:12
Monganaut wrote:
Hey, good to hear you're OK. Holiday sounded lush, and looking forward to you new BT stuff :)

Holiday was great - our 25th wedding anniversary treat to each other! I've been to India a couple of times on my own with my yoga, and it was nice to go tropical with Mrs Squid.

Will keep you all posted on the new Black Tempest stuff - it'll be a while before its release, probably early 2018.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Nov 02, 2017, 15:54
spencer wrote:
I've been wondering about Squids whereabouts and whether something's up - IanB too

Hey Spencer. Hope you are doing alright.

Unsung added immeasurably to my listening pleasure over a dozen years or so and I do still stop by from time to time to read SoOL. Posting a couple of hundred words about some lovely piece of music I'd heard and, far more importantly, finding out what other people were getting turned on by, used to be an essential part of the week and then it wasn't. I think that is true for me of social media generally

The HH esprit de corps certainly suffered over an eighteen month period in 2015/16 but why should this place be any different from the rest of the fucking country? Haven't given much of a monkey's about Cope's current musical doings since he got his guns (and some pots of red paint) out of the garden shed so not down to that either.

While I am here the new Gilad Atzmon record of Trane arrangements is brilliant. I think you'll like that one. His octet with a string quartet and Frank Harrison on piano is killer. Worth seeing if they happen to turn up in your part of the world.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Nov 02, 2017, 16:38
Aw I dunno, Lawrence. There's still plenty of nice people that drop in to this site. And maybe it's precisely because the world outside is so effing crazy that they still do. HH is still my first internet stop every time I log on and I'd miss it tremendously if it ceased to be.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Nov 02, 2017, 16:55
I dunno but since what happened happened it seems like my time here now had been a bit changed and frankly having to deal with that troll kinda ruined my own reputation. Now it is better but I'm still a bit wary and bitter about it in hindsight. I wouldn't still post here if not for the truly good friends here and the discussions about music.

But phew! How ugly this site has been the past couple of years...
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index