Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 October 2017 CE
Oct 29, 2017, 20:58
Fitter Stoke wrote:

Dave Formula ‘Satellite Sweetheart’

I meant to check that out. What's the verdict?
keith a
9573 posts

Oct 29, 2017, 21:01
Short Fuse – Akatombo

The Wild River – The Blow Monkeys

Let Me Go 7” - The Creation Factory

S/T – Death & Vanilla
Vampyre – Death & Vanilla

New Energy - Four Tet

Shag Tobacco – Gavin Friday

Fuzzed In Europe – Goat

Hot Buttered Soul – Isaac Hayes

TFCF – Liars

Battle For Seattle - Little Roy

God Like Splash – Mother

Presents El Rockers Chapters I-IV 12” - Augustus Pablo
This Is... - Augustus Pablo

Blah Blah Blah – Iggy Pop

2016 Atomized - The Raveonettes

In Evil Hour – The Room

Anarchy Live! (At the 76 Club) - Sex Pistols

Burning The Threshold – Six Organs Of Admittance

Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret – Soft Cell

Hippopotamus – Sparks

Musique Originale Du Film Donne-moi La Main – Tarwater

Chinese Eyes – Pete Townshend

Restless Idylls - Tropic Of Cancer

Mind Crawler 7” - Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats

True Faith (this month's Mojo cd) – V/A
Golden Gods (this month's Uncut cd) – V/A

The Architect EP - Jane Weaver

Silver/Lead – Wire

Odyssey & Oracle – The Zombies
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Oct 29, 2017, 21:15
Shinki Chen And Friends

Miles Davis - Deep Brew: Bitches Brew Sessions

Sinéad O'Connor - Throw Down Your Arms

Tales From New York - The Very Best Of Simon and Garfunkel

The Cosmic Dead - Rainbowhead

The Seeds - The Seeds

Screaming Trees - Dust

Scorn - Colossus

Lumerians - Transmissions From Telos Vol. III

Kris Kritofferson - The Silver Tongued Devil And I

John Cale - Close Watch: An Introduction to John Cale

Jex Thoth - Blood Moon Rise

Hellhammer - Apocalyptic Raids

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion ; Morbid Tales

Bruce Springsteen - Chapter and Verse ; Nebraska

Sunn O)) - Monoliths and Dimensions

Black Tempest - Secret Astronomies

Goatsnake - Black Age Blues

Goat - Requiem

Gnod- Just Say No To The Psycho Right-Wing Capitalist Fascist Industrial Death Machine ; Infinity Machines

Akvan - Forgotten Glory

Kraan - Live
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Oct 30, 2017, 01:03
I've been wondering about Squids whereabouts and whether something's up - IanB too
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Oct 30, 2017, 09:23
It’s pretty good. Jazzier than you’d expect, but none the worse for that. Features many former Magazine members on various tracks (though not at the same time) alongside some other fine musicians. Very well produced and engineered too: a real audiophile job. Worth a punt.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Oct 30, 2017, 17:16
Ole Squid was a regualr around these parts, have been wondering fer a while if all's well with him and his Squidlings. Here's hoping that all is well, and he's just fell off the board fer a while, like we all do from time to time.

I have noticed quite a few of the once upon a time regulars don't pop in as much these days, wonder if it's a reflection of the lack of Cope input, or just a drifting off to other, greener pastures. Would be a shame if, like our ever expanding universe, the board died a long slow death from lack of input.
Mind you, we've all got more on our minds (politically, socially etc...) these days now the countries going down the shitter. Tough times fer most of us, truth be told.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 30, 2017, 18:30
I think it's because things got too ugly here, frankly. You've probably noticed no one posts on U Know anymore (which I don't care about, politics are bullshit anyways...) Since a certain troll who I'm not gonna mention by name either left or got unceremoniously kicked-out, most everyone else seemed to have left as well.

Although I feel vindicated that the most recent troll is gone, no doubt because he didn't get enough of attacking yours' truly and attacked others on the forum, frankly the whole heart of the place seems to have went since.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Oct 30, 2017, 19:51
Monganaut wrote:
Ole Squid was a regualr around these parts, have been wondering fer a while if all's well with him and his Squidlings. Here's hoping that all is well, and he's just fell off the board fer a while, like we all do from time to time.

I have noticed quite a few of the once upon a time regulars don't pop in as much these days, wonder if it's a reflection of the lack of Cope input, or just a drifting off to other, greener pastures. Would be a shame if, like our ever expanding universe, the board died a long slow death from lack of input.
Mind you, we've all got more on our minds (politically, socially etc...) these days now the countries going down the shitter. Tough times fer most of us, truth be told.

Squid is still happily posting on other social media. I suspect Lawrence is right, many left because of the often poisonous atmosphere here and are loathe to return lest certain people who have gone make an appearance again.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Oct 30, 2017, 21:14
Thanks both. Good to know he's still about. I dropped off the radar myself fer a while, guess I thankfully missed all the nastiness. Sad that had to happen, but I guess on any forum the vitriol spills over from time to time. Here's hoping it's a rare occurrence in the future.
keith a
9573 posts

Oct 30, 2017, 22:00
Fitter Stoke wrote:
It’s pretty good. Jazzier than you’d expect, but none the worse for that. Features many former Magazine members on various tracks (though not at the same time) alongside some other fine musicians. Very well produced and engineered too: a real audiophile job. Worth a punt.

Cheers Fitter Stoke. I was aware of other members involvement and wondered what it was like. Think I will take a punt, thanks.

He's got a band called The Finks these days. Not actually heard them but I get the impression they're a Booker T-type group.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index