Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 10 June 2017 CE

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Edited Jun 11, 2017, 21:40
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 10 June 2017 CE
Jun 11, 2017, 19:20
Man - Original Album Series Vol 2 a box of Man Live so really their greatest hits - cracking version of Mona on Christmas at the Patti sounding very much like Spacemen 3 proving there's nothing new under the sun

Can – The Lost Tapes some cracking stuff here but I can't help feeling that a trim could have produced a killer single CD, having said that I listened to all 3 cds and enjoyed every minute

Klaus Schulze – Black dance more MIG reissues, more complaints froms Mrs Elf about gloomy hippy shit, life would be dull if we agreed about everything as I think Voices of Syn is a stone cold classic

Depeche Mode – Delta Machine decided to concentrate on this, along with youtube interviews of DM , Mr Gahan begins to look very weary of being asked about clinical death after being asked for the 255th time, every now and then someone mentions the music and Andy Fletcher gets to answer the question which seems strange as he appears to have nothing to do with it.
Depeche Mode band politics are now an endless source of fascination to me

The Sonic Shamen – Tribute to Lemmy does what it says on the tin and very well, though it's Hawkwind era Lemmy, not a lot of Motorhead but otherwise a superb release. Features Earthling Society, Vert X and Oresound Sound Collective folk, the latter two of which I shall investigate further, luckily I'm up to date with ES

Black Sabbath – Sabbath Bloody Sabbath classic

Jefferson Airplane – Volunteers also classic

The Stranglers – The Old Testament The UA Years Raven/Meninblack period

Natural Snow Buildings/Isengrind/Twin Sister Moon – The Snowbringer Cult droning and wheezing, scratching and screeching but in the best possible way

V/A – Strangefish vols 1-4 set of modern psychish/electronic/folky types

V/A – Rubble vols 1-20 probably not all volumes have been played this week, but a fair chunk have

V/A – A Gathering of the Tribes vols 1-5 the point at which pysch becomes hard rock, much Iron Butterfly keyboards and pentatonic noodling within, supposedly this is the golden age of psychedelic music but I'm suspecting that many of the songs were written on the brown acid, also the cd labelling is completely shot which adds to the spaced out feeling

V/A – The Purfumed Garden vols 1-5 yet more 'pysch' obscurities, again this one seems more dope than LSD veering towards the beginnings of 70s rock, does include the original version of Warning, later covered by Sabbath and a host of other gems, at least you know which song is which on here
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index