27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Edited Jun 11, 2017, 18:30
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 10 June 2017 CE
Jun 11, 2017, 18:29
Not a whole lot this week. My Hifi amp went 'Phhhhzzzzz', so most of the listening has been whilst driving (which I've come to hate) so not a lot sonically.

Pink Floyd - Piper 2 CD edition
Listened to both mono and stereo versions of the album, and enjoyed it immensely, but couldn't tell the difference between mono/stereo if I'm honest. Still my fav Floyd album.

Super Furry Animals - Radiator
Loving this all over again in recent weeks after not playing for nearly 10 years or so.

The Claypool Lennon Delerium - Lime and Limpid Green
Knowing I'm a sucker for cover versions, a pal sent me a DL of this, which has four covers of well known pysch/prog standards. Enjoyed it well enough, though non of the covers stray far from the source material.

The Amazing Snakeheads - S/T
Ahhh, this album is the dogs, and they were such a good band, now sadly gone the way of the Dodo. I was heartened to read that Dale has joined a new combo called 'And Yet It Lives', which have some of the menace of TAS, but so far (from my youtube tune in) for me, not quite as 'edgy'.
Here's hoping they develop in more interesting ways in the months to come. Touring UK around September time...will deffo check em' out live.

Well that be it, see yus around!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index