Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 10 June 2017 CE

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 10 June 2017 CE
Jun 12, 2017, 20:44
Temple of BBV - s/t. Collaboration between Gnod and Radar Men from the Moon released on Rocket Recordings. Finding it a grower - starts cumbersomely but by the end of the first track the band have locked into a repetitive groove that could go on for longer. Ditto the last track on the vinyl (there's a bonus MP3 track).

Hey Colossus - The Guillotine. Another Rocket release. Excellent follow up to Radio Static High.

Hey Colossus - Dedicated to Uri Klangers. Wonderful double vinyl collating a 'greatest hits' from 2003-2013 (released late last year but didn't notice). I didn't get into Hey Colossus at all until their more 'refined' Rocket albums but I'm loving this compilation. You can check it out on bandcamp.

In Zaire - Visions of an Age to Come. I don't think this is as good as previous releases but still a nice collection of interesting heavy guitar/electronic based psych.

GAS - Narkopop. Carrying on from 20 years ago. Really enjoyable.

The Inward Circles - And right lines limit and close all bodies. Classy drone from Richard Skelton.

bvdub - Epilogues for the End of the Sky. New Glacial Movements release. Good value, lengthy electronic ambient/drone, without setting the world alight. Have enjoyed working to this though.

Long Distance Poison - Rheomodes. Cassette release of an audio-visual project inspired by Cold War mind control initiatives. Not quite as organic as previous releases but I guess that's down to the compositional process whereby their images were informing the sounds and vice versa. The release comes with a login link to the video material but not had time to watch yet.

Richard Dawson - Peasant. Another excellent new album.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index