Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 February 2016 CE

41 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 February 2016 CE
Feb 14, 2016, 15:42
Marc & The Mambas - Torment & Toreros sprawling double LP , possibly trying a bit hard to be any thing but Soft Cell. A good edit would help but as with many of these things the arguments about what to trim away would be endless

Motown Chartbusters Vols 1-6 again sprawling but not a wasted note here from start to finish, the only problem being some tracks pale due to the stellar company they are keeping, Jimmy Ruffin must be welled pissed off that he seems to be constantly stuck between Stevie Wonder & Diana Ross

Bad Company - s/t, Straight Shooter often wondered what Rodgers & Ralphs really thought as they came from what I and I suspect many others would regard as far superior bands to make meat and potatoes rock [admittedly it was finest stewing steak and Maris Pipers but it's still meat n tatties] selling out mega stadiums and writing Can't get enough probably helped but however good these are they ain't Mad Shadows or Fire & Water

Horace Andy - Skylarking because sometimes when it's snowing and blowing a gale you something a wee bit cheerier than Khanate

Ministry - Los Angeles 1992 isn't Big Al JC's brother in law, did they have a big row one Xmas over who had the biggest mike stand or have I just made that up, anyway this is excellent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRUPtmXaBwY

Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox

The Honey Pot - Live In London

The Stranglers - The Old Testament the UA studio recordings

The Fuzztones - Lysergic Emanations

Yes - Close to the Edge also down by the edge,just round the corner and not far away, could Mr Anderson be singing about Nisa, home of the £1 flapjack

Rainbow - Rising Stargazer & A Light in the Black possibly the greatest side of HM vinyl ever [this week any way]

The Duutti Column - Idiot Savants

SunnO))) - Domkirke on vinyl, in a big sleeve, I have a Monty Python LP which folds out into a box which is smaller than this, my Woodstock triple LP if dropped from a height would cause less damage than this. Oh and it sounds great as well. I'm off to see if my copy of the Pentateuch of the Cosmogony weighs more, I'm guessing it will be a close call
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index