Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Van Morrison catalogue from 1971 onward now with Sony Legacy (Warners material is now coming from Rhino)

14 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Sep 07, 2015, 13:41
Re: 70th birthday concert from Cyprus Ave on Beeb4 now (22-30)
Sep 07, 2015, 13:34
I couldn't really work out where the concert was held from what I could remember of Cyprus Avenue which i thought was right in the heart of the Holy Land area of student/alternative housing down near the Botanical gardens in Belfast.
Seemed like a strange place to hold it beyond the name.
MIght have thought they'd hold it in a place more like the Botanical gardens which would have held a larger al fresco audience.

But I always had the Van Morrison track in mind when I was around the area, or am I just getting confused with Fitzroy Avenue which was the location that Madame George was supposed to live on. & I actually stayed on for a few weeks.

It was 25 years ago when i was around the area so could just be me thinking of the wrong one.

EDIT
yeah probably just thinking Fitzroy, Cyprus Avenue is 13 minutes by car from there apparently. Probably why it's 'far on Fitzroy' if I'm hearing the lyric right. Hopefully the Deluxe edition will come with a lyric sheet, maybe even maps of the area :-)

Unsung Forum Index