Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Aug 24, 2015, 23:17
Re: Spin-Off Solo Albums
Aug 24, 2015, 23:09
machineryelf wrote:
How could I have forgotten The Glitter Band.I have something in the back of my mind that someone from a band of the Amazing Blondel or Trees ilk had a solo career as either a MOR artiste or some metal band [could i possibly be a bit more vague]

Way back when I went to see the Heavy Metal Kids at the Marquee around the time of their third album and the Only Ones were billed to open. This was sometime between the release of Lovers of Today and Another Girl. In the event there was no sign of the Only Ones. Instead the support turned out to be the Glitter Band with a much older blonde haired lead singer in sunglasses playing a set of ferocious rock n roll covers and handful of Dolls style originals. They were utterly brilliant. I called the venue a few times to try and find out more about them but to no avail. I assume it was a hastily put together line up filling the slot at the last minute. No clue who the singer was. I like to think he was some refugee from the Larry Parnes stable. It could have been something to do with that Air Traffic Control project they had around that time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esz458_STxE

Whoever was fronting them they really should have stuck with it because I had never seen an opening act go down as brilliantly in the Marquee.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index