This week consisted of:

Grateful Dead - 05.21.1977 Live Lakeland Civic Arena, Florida
Grateful Dead - 04.14.1972 - Tivoli, Copenhagen
Grateful Dead - 04.22.3978 Live Municipal Auditorium - Nashville
Pink Floyd - Darkside Of The Moon
Moody Blues - On The Threshold Of A Dream
Creedene Clearwater Revival - Green River
V/A - Appalachian Stomp Bluegrass Classics

Most evenings I have listened to The Proms on Radio 3 as classical is my girlfriend's scene. I have especially enjoyed the Stravinsky that has been played and the Beethoven Piano Concertos. This evening there is a performance of Holt's The Planets which I am especially looking forward to!

Love the Proms and the whole vibe in the hall. There are a few elitist types who enjoy tutting away but generally it has stayed true to its roots.

Not sure what the BBC pay to broadcast the concerts but suspect that is partly what helps keep the seat prices pretty reasonable. Dread the idea of the O2 Proms or the Vitality Proms if the BBC are ultimately forced to pull out of such ventures.

For '77 Dead I can highly recommend these shows if you like the Estimated Prophet > Scarlet Behonias > Fire On The Mountain > Terrpain Station type sequences ....

NYC Palladium 05 04 77
New Haven 05 05 77
Boston 05 07 77
Cornell 05 08 77
Buffalo 05 09 77

The cds are pacKed away in boxes but I 99% sure I have those dates the US way around ie month first.

Love Moody Blues - On The Threshold Of A Dream too. Was one of my big sister's favourite records and was part of my transition from glam pop to prog and art rock circa 73. Sounds a wee bit quaint now arrangement wise but there are some fantastic tunes in there.

I love the Moodys too. I dug out Seventh Sojourn yesterday. I love the quaintness of them - the clunky melotron, eveything :)

As for the proms, saw the Stravinsky Dumbarton Oaks with the Beethoven Piano Concerto on BBC2 iPlayer the other night - really enjoyed it actually.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index