Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
"World Shut Your Mouth" & "Fried" Expanded 2CD Sets Coming Soon?

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

"World Shut Your Mouth" & "Fried" Expanded 2CD Sets Coming Soon?
Jul 16, 2015, 18:30
17 August according to Spin CD's in Newcastle. Nix on Amazon yet. Not sure of the veracity of this, both links tagged 'world shut your mouth'; now new pics; no tracklistings provided. Anybody know any more about this?

http://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/world-shut-your-mouth-cd
http://www.spincds.com/coming-soon/world-shut-your-mouth-cd-45917
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: "World Shut Your Mouth" & "Fried" Expanded 2CD Sets Coming Soon?
Jul 16, 2015, 18:42
Nice! Could never afford WSYM on cd with it usually costing over £20 these days on import.
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Edited Jul 16, 2015, 22:11
Jul 16, 2015, 22:10
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Julian-Cope-World-Shut-Your-Mouth-14TH-AUG-2-CD-ALBUM-SET-NEW-MINT-/301689638735?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463e1a8f4f

Seems to have the track-list. I may be mistaken, but it looks to have a couple of previously unreleased session tracks that didn't make it to Floored Genius 2.

I have no connection whatsoever to the above linked auction, there are many others available on Ebay and elsewhere.
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Jul 16, 2015, 22:29
Jul 16, 2015, 22:28
Pursued By Trees wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Julian-Cope-World-Shut-Your-Mouth-14TH-AUG-2-CD-ALBUM-SET-NEW-MINT-/301689638735?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item463e1a8f4f

Seems to have the track-list. I may be mistaken, but it looks to have a couple of previously unreleased session tracks that didn't make it to Floored Genius 2.

I have no connection whatsoever to the above linked auction, there are many others available on Ebay and elsewhere.

Thanks!
& here's "fried". Looks real then. Good news!

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=111719636256&category=176984&pm=1&ds=0&t=1437081884751
1001realapes
1001realapes
2387 posts

Edited Jul 17, 2015, 06:21
Jul 17, 2015, 06:21
hope they don't fuck up the remastering
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Jul 17, 2015, 08:27
Pursued By Trees wrote:

Fried has the session version of Search Party on it which definitely isn't on FG2 (wonder if it'll retain Peel's "there's some rum thoughts going on in that lad's head" comment at the end).
Despite the majority of tracks already being available on the original 1996 reissues and FG2, this is potentially good news for potentially 2 reasons;

1. WSYM is very hard to find on CD these days - the 1996 version is out of print
2. Fried, whilst still being easily available is a terribly muddy CD - hopefully it'll be brightened up somewhat with this release.
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Edited Jul 17, 2015, 20:48
Jul 17, 2015, 20:47
It is strange how, every now and then, it comes to your attention that some cds you've had for years are suddenly changing hands for stupid money ... usually shortly before a re-issue. Last one for me was Robyn Hitchcock.

I think I probably still have both the original and '96 WSYM and Fried cds. Erm ... also picked up the vinyl of Fried a while back for the wonderful gate-fold and poster.
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Jul 18, 2015, 00:13
I see a "Pussyface" listed on disk 2; I wonder if that's the remix? I bought the Japanese CD of that CD for that exclusive bonus (I already had it on vinyl but wanted a digital copy).
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Jul 18, 2015, 02:21
Glam Descendant wrote:
I see a "Pussyface" listed on disk 2; I wonder if that's the remix? I bought the Japanese CD of that CD for that exclusive bonus (I already had it on vinyl but wanted a digital copy).

Hard for me to get excited over stuff I already have(perhaps in different packaging but still..) Id be really happy for a FG 5 or a properly produced album rather than the low-fi stuff he's done for the last decade and a half....im just sayin

Crazy how much some of these cd's sell for nowdays even the brain donor "bootleg" is close to 200.00 U.S. which is crazy as I think I paid 10.00 new and the Anal cd (reissue) is sky high as well! I guess that's the way it goes
espsummer
340 posts

Jul 18, 2015, 08:48
I had the remaster of World Shut your mouth when it came out in 1996 and also still kept the old (polygram i think) original US cd version too. I liked the b-sides of the 96 version but i thought it was a bit too loud and keyed up. I ended up prefering the old version and sold my 96 cd years ago. That being said i often wondered about the 1996 Fried cd as the original Fried cd and even the damn album sound muddy as was said earlier. I listened to fried last night after reading this post and was shocked at how dull and muddy it sounded. I would be interested in the new remaster but these days remasters can be really great or really awful.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index