Copendium in Fopp

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Copendium in Fopp
Aug 15, 2015, 18:18
Sadly no Fopp's in Newport or Cardiff these days and no online store means no cheap cope book for me.
flatboxertwin
flatboxertwin
369 posts

Aug 15, 2015, 18:36
veneta1 wrote:
Today's vinyl haul from Fopp.

Tangerine Dream - Rubycon (£5)
Tangerine Dream - Ricochet (£6)
Steve Hillage - Live Herald (Double) (£3)

They also had Phaedra for either £5 or £6.

Wow ! And I thought cheapish vinyl was a thing of the past. Are these all deluxe reissues, I.e. heavy vinyl pressings, high quality sleeves? How's the sound quality?

Methinks a trip to the Glasgow Fopp is in the offing.
veneta1
223 posts

Edited Aug 15, 2015, 21:21
Aug 15, 2015, 21:19
They appear to have been lovingly done. I had previously bought Phaedra a couple of months back, at the princely price of £10, and the gatefold sleeve is an exact replica of the original. Sounds great to my old ears and certainly a massive improvement on my original well played copy.

Pissed off that I didn't pick up the first and third Helios Creed LPs when Fopp had them a few weeks back. They were priced at £5 and £3 respectively and they were the versions that came with a copy of the CD included. Figured I'd pick them up the next time I was in and of course they were gone. Idiot!
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2614 posts

Edited Aug 17, 2015, 18:03
Aug 17, 2015, 12:01
You and I must be on the same wavelength: I too bought 'Rubycon' and 'Ricochet' from London Fopp for £5 and £6 respectively on 15 August. I also got Beefheart's 'Unconditionally Guaranteed' on 180g: not a great record but worth a fiver. Couldn't find 'Copendium' however - bummer.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Aug 17, 2015, 13:33
Aug 17, 2015, 13:32
veneta1 wrote:
Today's vinyl haul from Fopp.

Tangerine Dream - Rubycon (£5)
Tangerine Dream - Ricochet (£6)
Steve Hillage - Live Herald (Double) (£3)

They also had Phaedra for either £5 or £6.

£6 on vinyl? Good grief. The rumours about the unsold mountain of vinyl in UK and European warehouses must be true!
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index