Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2015, 14:07
KLF Chill Out
Jun 27, 2015, 13:42
Anyone else here still play and is fond of this? I think it still holds up very well. Prompted by seeing The Orb's name mentioned. There's a very detailed and informative entry for it on Wiki, so s o m e b o d y still loves it apart from me. It was unavailable for twenty years, so I guess there's folk who've never heard it. Like The Orb, suits hot weather. Like next week. Will be giving a spin... EDIT: Just checked on Amazon and it's up to around thirty quid new again, so don't know if its recent re-release was a limited edition. My copy's got a bit tatty. Was £14ish when I last looked a few months back. Should've bought again then, praps...
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2015, 16:14
Re: KLF Chill Out
Jun 27, 2015, 16:12
Had many a happy trip with that album over the years. It was my favourite ambient album until I discovered Alog's 'Red Shift Swing'.

Last copy of Chill Out I had (may still have somewhere) was the double CD with 'Space'. Space isn't that good imo.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Jun 27, 2015, 16:15
Got Chill Out on my phones right now. Loving it. Substance free..
garerama
garerama
1111 posts

Jun 28, 2015, 21:00
Revisited it recently via Charity Shop find and been giving it a good few listens. To my ears still a fine listen, it really flow. It has a place in my collection amongst Tangerine Dream's Rubycon of being great ambience to wind down and chill out.
Mark1971
Mark1971
252 posts

Jun 29, 2015, 14:28
I've loved this since it came out, it's a classic of it's genre.

Remember when chill-out rooms were a thing! :)
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Jun 29, 2015, 15:15
It's still a favourite morning-after-the-night-before album. Sun shining, windows open, album on and nothing to do other than drink tea and eat biscuits.
Gladwin
Gladwin
402 posts

Jun 29, 2015, 15:43
It's still a big favourite at Gladwin Towers, and I'm going to dig it out for a listen this week, too!

Meanwhile, did any Chill Out fans come across "We Know Where the Time Goes" by The FLK, released in 2011?
Arbor
Arbor
35 posts

Jul 01, 2015, 18:59
Gladwin wrote:

Meanwhile, did any Chill Out fans come across "We Know Where the Time Goes" by The FLK, released in 2011?

Certainly did so yes. In fact it was "We know where the time goes" that made me head back and get into Chill Out properly.

I think there's a new FLK album due to be out fairly soon (judging from their quite enigmatic tweets).
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Jul 02, 2015, 01:39
I find the KLF to be utterly confusing I know the Album the white room as well as about 10 versions of what time is love but other then that im lost. can someone give a brief lowdown on what they were/are about?
carol27
747 posts

Edited Jul 02, 2015, 21:18
Jul 02, 2015, 08:39
billding68 wrote:
I find the KLF to be utterly confusing I know the Album the white room as well as about 10 versions of what time is love but other then that im lost. can someone give a brief lowdown on what they were/are about?

KLF are the Kopyright Liberation Front, formally the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, or the JAMS. Formed by Jimmy Cauty, formally of Brilliant ( him & Youth of Killing Joke) & Bill Drummond ( formally of Big in Japan, & the manager of Teardrop Explodes.) They advocated a punk/ situationist manifesto of reusing/ recombining elements of culture to create something new, mainly in the form of samples.
This resulted in a test case where Abba took them to court, & won, where it was established that each sample used would result in a 10 per cent royalty payment to the original artist. Since each of their album tracks consisted of more than 10 samples every copy of their album was ordered to be destroyed. Their career ended in the ultimate situationist gesture of filming the burning of a million pounds on a Scottish island. PHEW!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index