Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's been your most played Album Of The Month?

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: What's been your most played Album Of The Month?
Jun 02, 2015, 17:20
riverman wrote:
Citizensmurf wrote:
riverman wrote:
I suspect my most played AOTM would be To Blacken the Pages - A Semblance of Something Appertaining to Destruction. It wasn't included in Copendium but it is by Cope's standards a bit of a half arsed review so I can understand why it was left out.
I barely knew any of the albums beforehand but could give a shout here for Comets on Fire's Blue Cathedral, though of course that was only because I'd read the Field Recordings From the Sun review!! Whether I had a copy of Blue Cathedral before his review I can't recall (11 years ago!).

Other highlights for me include Haare's The Temple, Sacrifical Totem, Flower Travellin Band, Far Out, Les Rallizes Denudes, AR Machines' Echo, Orthodox's Gran Poder, Om - Variations on a Theme.

The Drudions mind have probably been as rich a source of listening!

[As I blindly click at some 'like' button, and then realize it's an old school (00's) forum, and should just say I like these responses]

I must say, the HH journey has led me to free myself of such silly hang-ups as:

1. Not liking (Kiss/Alice Cooper/Blue Oyster Cult/Van Halen/Mott the Hoople) because I first heard their "hit" song and thought it was shite, or first heard their much weaker later 80's output ("Animalize" and "Trash".....I'm looking at you!)

2. Not being open to liking a particular genre because of previous prejudices. One example would be Black Metal, of which there is a crapload of crap made, but the psychedelic guitars of KTL and Furze made me rethink my postion.

3. Not bothering to listen to a band simply because sometimes people's recommendations are horrible, but I have learned to trust the advice of JC and HH, and have yet to be steered down the wrong road yet.

Might I also add, "Fuck Rolling Stone. Fuck Pitchfork. Fuck rock journalism and its one-star reviews. Fuck the hippies who never got over Hendrix. Fuck the punks who can't get past '77. Basically, fuck cultural hang-ups, and head-in-the-ground, backward-thinking." End polite rant.

Here here!!

By the way what's your favourite KTL? I think Theme from II is a remarkable piece of music.

You know, when it comes to instrumental music, sometimes I never register what the song titles are, and just play the whole albums. That being said, I prefer the first 2 lps the most, but have been impressed by all of KTLs output. Especially the electronics of V.

It's probably as blasphemous a notion as suggesting one prefers Vanilla Fudge over Black Sabbath, but I find KTL more musically interesting than Sunn O))) or Khanate or any of SOMA's other projects. Not that I don't like the others, but I just find myself reaching for KTL over the other stuff.

Unsung Forum Index