Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's been your most played Album Of The Month?

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited May 31, 2015, 00:07
Re: What's been your most played Album Of The Month?
May 31, 2015, 00:06
Ooh, that's a hard one. He even unsniffied me on bands like Kiss I was too much of an avant hard nut to Czech out. I haven't played it since the AOTM came out, but I remember thinking Tractor was a bit fillersome. Probably doesn't count, as it was a bit of a hasty Peel tribute, and the songs I'm youtubing now sound quite excellent. I suspect I wouldn't like the two Neo Folk albums if I replayed them, on account of since being savvy to at least one of them having some sketchy Neo Nazi connections. Still, that's not really a musical thing. Fuck it, I'll go with Pentagram, 'cause they had a really arsey fan who'd haunt these boards occasionally.

I did drag my fine tooth comb through a lot of the post-AOTM Drudions for potential new listenage. Spiffing wordsmith as he may be, I've always especially dug reviewers who will casually rattle off dozens of comparisons and name-drops which will instantly result in me opening up a dozen internet tabs looking them up. It was also fun when he'd mention someone like Jake Thackray, who you might not immediately imagine him liking, but when you marinate on it really fill in the gaps in the puzzle that is Julian H. Cope.

Come to think of it, I don't actually think I read any of the first few years of the Drudions. I really should start from the beginning.

Unsung Forum Index