Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
What's been your most played Album Of The Month?

16 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: What's been your most played Album Of The Month?
May 30, 2015, 19:06
Good thread. It's hard to remember when I didn't know some of these albums, as I have played them so many times over the years. To be perfectly honest, the only real album I owned before it was an AOTM (and owned for years and played all the time) was Melvins-Lysol. I had heard of many bands or albums, but for the most part, my discovery of them was via the monthlies.

As for which one I play the most......currently it is probably Gunslingers, but I would also add to that Sir Lord Baltimore, Monoshock, New Lou Reeds, Miles Davis, and Boredoms.

If I might add another category, it's the AOTM that try as you might, had never won you over. This is a slim category for me, as they are all quite good, but the Vincent Black Shadow has never given me the same kind of kick as any of the others. I don't outright hate it, but it seems weak by comparison.

As for more AOTM, unlikely, but I always thought there were a huge crop of potential ones described in all the other reviews. When the references to "album" period "artist", I thought it was a telling sign that that was also such an album to check out. They are littered everywhere especially in the Drudion reviews, and not just the kraut or punk or japrock classics, but other such intriguing albums that had burned their efforts into the brain of JC in order to be stamped in comparison with a new effort.

Much like listening to the subsequent groups and albums, from those jazz sidemen who apprenticed under Miles Davis, would inform you to a large slab of the greatest jazz ever made; tracking down all the loose albums mentioned under his review umbrella would also inform you to a great slab of rock n roll truly unsung outside of these forums.

Unsung Forum Index