Unsung Forum »
York last night

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
monoman
2 posts

York last night
May 21, 2015, 13:40
Hey Julian. Here's a great idea - why don't you stop treating your fans like shit?

We turned up at the venue in York last night, some from as far away as London and Durham, to discover the event had been cancelled; apparently the lighting situation was not to your liking, so your stormed off in a huff and refused to play.

Contacting Ticket Web today, it turns out your promoter hasn't even bothered to inform the ticket outlets you cancelled the event, which means no-one can get a refund.

So here's a piece of advice: think about showing the few loyal fans you still have a modicum of respect, or they won't be fans for much longer.

Come to think of it, there weren't too many 'fans' outside the venue. Perhaps you just didn't sell enough tickets, and your over-inflated ego wouldn't allow you to play to a half-empty house, eh?

http://www.yorkmix.com/news/rock-star-cancels-fibbers-gig-at-the-last-minute-because-venue-was-too-dark/

Laters, Wodenists.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Edited May 21, 2015, 15:18
Re: York last night
May 21, 2015, 14:57
I guess this means that i am not the biggest dick around here for the meantime?
Whew !
Dhajjieboy takes a breather......
Hands off the baton.

By the way,
The next gig is the LUNAR Festival....
Hope the moon is bright enough.
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

May 21, 2015, 15:13
Sorry to hear this Monoman. That's really shit. If it's any consolation I went to a gig the other night where it would have been better for all if the 'artiste' had done a bunk. Terry Reid at the trades club in Hebden bridge. Toe curlingly embarrassingly poor. And I'm a fan. Artists! If you're not up for it don't sell us the fucking tickets!
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Edited May 21, 2015, 16:06
May 21, 2015, 15:52
Surely some quick realigning of lights or sourcing spots from another local venue or PA/lights hire company could've got things ready for doors opening.

Maybe there was more to this than most of us know, though.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited May 21, 2015, 16:27
May 21, 2015, 16:26
Kid Calamity wrote:
Surely some quick realigning of lights or sourcing spots from another local venue or PA/lights hire company could've got things ready for doors opening.

Maybe there was more to this than most of us know, though.

Maybe dhajjieboy turned up in disguise as a lighting engineer, and then took all the lightbulbs out. You know, just to spoil everybodys night.
Lawrence
9547 posts

May 21, 2015, 16:32
Ha ha ha!!! Now THAT'S funny!
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

May 21, 2015, 17:37
Julian cope (and don't get pissy im a fan too) is not how shall we say,known for his stability so I don't find this in the least bit surprising. This is a Rock star who took loads of drugs and posed naked under a tortoise shell...he's borderline Syd barret and has been for decades..Still like him but.."to put it mildly he's weird"
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

May 21, 2015, 17:46
I'm no fan of this aloofness he continues to peddle. Shame.

He's very chatty when he's 'on', though.

I've still yet to meet him him - despite finding myself backstage after one of his 'Audience With...' shows (Woad, hallunogenic chocolate bars and stack heels bonkersness) about ten years back. I knew his tour manager, so was let through. However, he was in another room, with his parents, I believe.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited May 21, 2015, 18:25
May 21, 2015, 17:56
billding68 wrote:
Julian cope (and don't get pissy im a fan too) is not how shall we say,known for his stability so I don't find this in the least bit surprising. This is a Rock star who took loads of drugs and posed naked under a tortoise shell...he's borderline Syd barret and has been for decades..Still like him but.."to put it mildly he's weird"

I've travelled all over the UK seeing Julian Cope live to around 10 or more gigs, and he's always been there. So, it is surprising! Hell, I even travelled from London to Shetland to see a couple of gigs and he was there! (around 1000 miles each way). It's not in his nature to let the fanbase down. There's probably a decent reason for cancelling. Christ, there's hardly any of his fans left! Why would he intentionally piss us off?
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

May 21, 2015, 18:12
Kid Calamity wrote:
I'm no fan of this aloofness he continues to peddle. Shame.

He's very chatty when he's 'on', though.

I've still yet to meet him him - despite finding myself backstage after one of his 'Audience With...' shows (Woad, hallunogenic chocolate bars and stack heels bonkersness) about ten years back. I knew his tour manager, so was let through. However, he was in another room, with his parents, I believe.

I've met him a few times, and personally I didn't get any sense of aloofness from the real man. There is a persona which he cultivates, but that's all it is I think. A good one though!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index