Unsung Forum »
York last night

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wychburyman
951 posts

Re: York last night
May 21, 2015, 18:30
I don't think there was a problem with the lighting. I think it was the Lightning, in a Thor/Odenistic sort of way

Seriously though, my sympathies to all that travelled. you'd think in this day and age that there would be many ways in which the news could have been communicated. Although I suppose it was very last minute
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

May 22, 2015, 00:33
If 'something' disagreed with him preshow rendering him out of sorts, how could he say that publicly? I don't doubt he'll try to make up for this when he can. I'm not number one fan or apologist, but reckon if lighting had been an issue it could have been pretty easily been sorted, as had already been said. Summat else. Praps mend vibes are in order... but I feel sorry for those travellers from afar who feel justifiably agrieved too and hope that at least they get their hard earned back.
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

May 22, 2015, 01:21
It seems Copes been doing the Paul rubens(pee wee herman) for the past decade or so as if he trying to alienate his fan base(whats left of it) ive a hunch his albums sell in the double digits here in the U.S. and most likely by the hundreds in the U.K.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Reubens
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

May 22, 2015, 09:05
It'd be nice if he dropped an occasional bulletin - not a return to the monthly Drudion, necessarily. Things like forthcoming activity and future projects - and, maybe... explanations about why it was necessary to piss off a bunch of folk who'd made their way to a gig in vain.
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

May 22, 2015, 11:49
Valve wrote:
Sorry to hear this Monoman. That's really shit. If it's any consolation I went to a gig the other night where it would have been better for all if the 'artiste' had done a bunk. Terry Reid at the trades club in Hebden bridge. Toe curlingly embarrassingly poor. And I'm a fan. Artists! If you're not up for it don't sell us the fucking tickets!

I caught the very end of Reid's set. It was indeed diabolical - I suspect he'd had a few too many ales.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

May 22, 2015, 11:54
I have a recent set by him that I think was pretty decent so sorry to hear he wasn't when you saw him. Yeah this was from April in NYC, I listened to it a while back and thought it sounded like he still had it, I like his late 60s /early 70s stuff so was interested to see what he sounded like now.
Interesting to see that River by him is in his Original Albums series set I think that was also released separately this year.

Stevo
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

May 22, 2015, 12:04
Has anyone here ever phoned in sick for work? Probably everybody. Not saying that's the case. There can be a multitude of reasons.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited May 22, 2015, 12:26
May 22, 2015, 12:20
Kid Calamity wrote:
It'd be nice if he dropped an occasional bulletin - not a return to the monthly Drudion, necessarily. Things like forthcoming activity and future projects - and, maybe... explanations about why it was necessary to piss off a bunch of folk who'd made their way to a gig in vain.

It would be nice, but he's getting his OWN message across via his books and the occasional slant on BBC6.

I went to an Echo & The Bunnymen gig in Glasgow once. It was cancelled. I didn't cry over it. Went next time. As a kid, a good mate was pretty annoyed that one of The Wombles cancelled due to a Wombling bad throat. That is severe, yet survived!
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited May 22, 2015, 16:01
Re: York last night - Edinburgh last week
May 22, 2015, 16:01
Sorry to hear of the no-show. It seems a bit out of sorts. I have seen Mr Cope many, many times since the first time when I got the train up from Ayr to Paisley to see him with his young teenybopping Teardrops. Lordy - we were all kids then!

I have to report a splendid show last week in Edinburgh Liquid Rooms. The opening DJ set was a blast (anyone know what the first two tracks played were?) with lotsa stuff from 131 soundtrack and a sublime and entertaining DJ "performance". Mr Cope was on great form and played a superb set. Some great stories and chat between songs. He even encored with "Treason". I'd have happily watched and listened for another two hours.

I had been looking forward to the Edinburgh Show for months. I drove a 100 mile round trip. My other half arranged her work so that it fitted in with my travel arrangements and her being at home for our kid. If I had turned up and found it cancelled... I would have been sorely disappointed.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Rescheduled - new venue
May 23, 2015, 14:40
http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headguide/#164
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index