28 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Edited Apr 20, 2015, 01:22
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 April 2015 CE
Apr 20, 2015, 00:48
1) (Youtube) Terry Riley/Don Cherry-1975... the legendary Koln Concert, available in three parts. ESSENTIAL for lovers of either of these two magicians ........ 2) Yes -The Yes Album ... realised while listening to this that the last time I heard it must've been about forty years ago. Whoosh. Enjoyed more than I thought I would......... 3) Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis Bold As Love ... ditto......... 4) Spirit - Son of ......... 5) Joni Mitchell - The Hissing Of Summer Lawns ........ 6) Joni Mitchell - Hejira ....... 7) Groundhogs - Live At Leeds .......... 8) Groundhogs - Thank Christ For The Bomb ......... 9) Frank Zappa - Puttin' On The Ritz ... this seems to have staying power. Watermelon in Easter Hay : ) ........ 10) Various Birds - Dawn Chorus : A Sound Portrait of a British Woodland at Sunrise ... sounds to chill or go to sleep to/both. As good as No Pusdyfooting in this respect. The riffing's not bad either ......... 11) The Necks - Chemist ...sigh......... 12) V/A - Celebrities.... At Their Worst Vol 2 ... what it says.. Linda McCartney giving new benchmark to the phrase 'singing out of tune', Elvis swearing - very well..... but the reason I had to hear my mate's copy again was someone here namechecking Venom on last week's SOOL. One track here, simply called Venom. Why bands should NEVER piss off their sound engineer on tour. His retaliation: recording all the 'tween song macho stuff, the intro's to songs.."Well AWLRIGHT!!!!""You having a good time, Noo Jersey?????""You see this bottle???Its called....... NEWCASTLE BROWN ALE!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!""This next song's called.... Buried....ALI-I-I-YVE!!".........and then just recording the last two seconds of thrash, or just a drum beat. That's it. No audience applause. Back to the verbal posing, then another two second agonised noise squall... while in the background of disinterested audience noise you can hear one gigger repeating endlessly "I want more beer, I want more beeer", and another's chanting "Suck my dick!Suck my dick!" My description doesn't do it justice, but it wears you down, after a couple of minutes I defy anyone, even prewarned like this, not to be rolling around on the floor pissing themselves with laughter. Eee, how I'd love to put this over the PA at Download :) Why I can never take metal seriously. If I had the tech if there was one thing I'd upload to youtube it'd be this. One day, heh heh...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index