Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Form an orderly queue - here we go again...

22 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2609 posts

Re: Form an orderly queue - here we go again...
Apr 19, 2015, 18:58
I went into Reflex and JG Windows in Newcastle today (the day AFTER Record Store Day) and found that nearly everything of interest to me from the day was still present and correct in stock. So, without queueing or losing my temper, I availed myself of repressings Dr Strangely Strange's 'Kip Of The Serenes' (a rip off £25, but it'll keep my already battered original from taking any further abuse), Deep Purple's 'The Book Of Taliesyn' in mono (£20) and The Wedding Present's 'Take Fountain' (£16 for a two LP set, although the first record's scratched and will have to go back). Only 'Strange Days' in mono eluded me, but I can live without it. There were other records I would've bought had they not been so damned expensive. I mean, £32 for The Gods' 'Genesis'? You're having a laff, especially as that same record can be bought on CD in Sainsbury's with four other psychedelic gems for eight sobs. (I know - I got it there myself just a few months back.)

The moral? There's really no need to endure the argy bargy of RSD on the day. Chances are, anything you may want from the event will still be waiting for you long after earlier buyers have put their still sealed purchases on eBay for ludicrous prices.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index