Unsung Forum »
"Strangled" - Identity, Status, Structure and The Stranglers

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wychburyman
951 posts

Re: "Strangled" - Identity, Status, Structure and The Stranglers
Mar 15, 2015, 13:17
He was in gorgeous form last night at Birmingham! At the start of heroes his angry bass reverberated right around the venue and into the gut. I've only met them (and Hugh) in more recent years and found them to be charming - wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them though.

I hear what you are saying about the lyrics. They played "I feel like a wog" last night and it was superb, clearly not racist but a cutting reflection of racist Britain in the 70s.
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Mar 15, 2015, 15:39
Looks like most of last nights Birmingham show is already grabb-able from Youtube.
carol27
747 posts

Mar 15, 2015, 17:11
JJ Burnel, Baz Warne & Jet Black were on BBC Breakfast the other week & JJ pulled the beeb up about a spelling mistake on their blurb running along the bottom of the screen, ( a particular bug bear of mine!) Jet Black was all got up in an outdoor coat, scarf & hat! He must be 70+ & still a great drummer. Though Jagger still moves around that stage like a young 'un I suppose at his great age!
wychburyman
951 posts

Mar 16, 2015, 08:27
Pursued By Trees wrote:
Looks like most of last nights Birmingham show is already grabb-able from Youtube.

oOoooo. Thanks for the heads up
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index