R.I.P Christophe F.

72 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shimrath Nimrod
Shimrath Nimrod
4 posts

Re: R.I.P Christophe F.
Sep 28, 2015, 05:16
I just read that Christophe F. died on December 1st of last year.

When i first heard of the Universal Panzies i tried to get a copy of Transcendental Floss, but at that time they were unavailable for purchase anywhere online. I somehow found contact information for Christophe and emailed him, asking for information on how to get a copy of the album. What luck! He happened to be in New York at that moment AND he had a copy of the album in his possession. He very graciously took my address and sent it to me free of charge.

Since i was on his email list, i would receive an email now and again, but at some point those stopped completely. Years went by with no sign of him at all. Then the Black Sheep, and the release of Heathen Frontiers in Sound. I was very excited to hear his music again, so i emailed him at the old address:

"9/22/09, Steven Quillen to Universal Christophe F.,

I'm not even sure if this email address is current, but it is worth a try.

Not sure if you remember me, but i contacted you once upon a time in search of the Transcendental Floss cd. You were in New York at the time and sent me a copy, which i have enjoyed now for years.

I just finished listening to Heathen Frontiers In Sound. "I Never Write Slow Love Songs" and "Brother Motherfucker" are fucking fantastic.

I also thoroughly enjoy "We Are In Revolt" from your MySpace page.

It is a pleasure to hear you playing again, and i hope to hear more. Your music is a gift.

-Steven Edgar Quillen."

To which he replied:

"9/22/09, universal panzies to me

Hola Mr. Q! How kind of you to take the time to write. It's been many years and I still recall sending T-Floss. Glad you liked it and very pleased you like the new CD. It's a great representation of Black Sheep Acoustic Division working as a unit. JC's production is brilliant. Playing and recording with Black Sheep has been a joy and a rebirth - we have many different music, art & film projects in production so it's impossible not to be creative when surrounded by talented & idealistic people.

Brother Motherfucker was recorded in the family home of author DH Lawrence in Eastwood, near Nottingham, as was the track Heathen Frontiers In Sound. We spent a week there recording Black Sheep/Christophe.F. tracks and demo's for Acoustika's upcoming CD. Was a great joy to play the guitar in the same spot where Jack Kerouac passed out drunk during his residency in the UK. The home is now a museum with a guest section. You wouldn't believe how many musicians, writers, poets, movie makers and actors had been there as guests - but proud to say we were the first to actually record there. Baa-aa-der Meinhof on the KMSA 2LP was also recorded there using the Lawrence Family piano. (Not sure the curator would be too pleased if he knew about that! Ha.)

Played The Bristol Festival at the weekend and it was one of Julian's best shows ever. The whole ensemble on stage looked so good in matching leather + red and black Camo' & Anarquista uniforms. I've played hundreds of shows and it has to be my favorite of all.

Means a great deal to me to receive your positive comments. Once again thanks for taking the time and for your kind words. Hasta la victoria siempre - L&R - Christophe.F.

PS - Couple of Pic's from Bristol Fest'. Still waiting for the Photographer to send the Photo Master Disc, but will forward you some of the better one's when they arrive."

So sad this genius is gone, and truly hope that all the unreleased music he recorded can be somehow compiled and preserved.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index