21 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Edited Nov 23, 2014, 22:32
Re: Steve Albini on the surprisingly sturdy state of the music industry
Nov 23, 2014, 22:29
TBH, i'm lucky in that respect, kept all the old shit in the loft on the off chance that the kids might take up a bit of punk rock noise, nearly happened with the youngest, but not quite. still, she's in college on a music performance course under the guy who used to be in Neds Atominc Dustbin of all bands...whole 'tutor team' are in or have been in the industry to some extent or another, s'a cool place. Much better than when I was her age thay's fer sure. Just done a 50's rocknroll night the other week, each 'band' did three songs. Next up is Motown in December...let's hope there's a punk or glam one for the 70's.

I've no excuses really, On a mooch up the loft I discovered We've got drums, drum machines, synths, guitars, acoustic and electric and classical, Basses, old Atari/Amiga running cubase on some antiquated OS that probably won't work now, various shakey things (tambourines, marakas, shakers etc... Bit low on ampage, but most smaller practice amps can be had for a pittance, so will wait till after xmas and johnny has his new toy and kicks the old tech into touch and pik it up even cheaper.
TBH, dunno how much of my kit still works, but will drag it out and give it an airing and take it from there,

Always fancied a proper sampler (one better than my Yamaha VSS200).
Akai samplers can be had for about 40 quid these days on ebay, Ditto workstations like Korg M1's. Stuff that was serious money 20 odd years ago, rediculous really. Only thing that seems to have gone throug the roof s Analogue Synths, though from what I've seen, the modelling ones are almost up to the job in terms of teakery. Almost tempted to sell my SH101 and buy a coupla Korg Micro synths with the money.

Gotta pull my finger out nad stop procrastinating. I spend a small fortune on music, most of which is quite simialr in tone and intent, nothing I couldn't do myself if I applied myself, truth be told. I've already said to my missus that 2015 is the year I take off from buying music (hard as that's gonna be) as I just seem to be amassing stuff and not really paying atention to what I already have. As I write, there must be 20 or 30 discs sitting on the side unopened, waiting for me to get a minute.
Not enough minutes in the day.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index