Steve Albini on the surprisingly sturdy state of the music industry

21 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: Steve Albini on the surprisingly sturdy state of the music industry
Nov 23, 2014, 19:24
Can't play guitar for toffee (that's why 'Noise') and you REALLY wouldn't wanna hear me sing, mass suicides may ensue. Mind you, these Tory tossers could do with a cleansing, so hmmmmmmm.

Never been a fan of the 'pro' musician, you know, the guy who noodles away in the corner, 5000 notes a minute. Just doesn't do it for me.

My fav' bands since way back have been plebs like Pussy Galore, Slits, Early Mekons, early Swans, Antifamily et al. Basically anyone who adheres to the less is more school of rawk. I believe it makes you think outside the box a little to accomplish what you want. Though in equal measure, It's incredibly frustrating sometimes not to be able to put your finger on what you want.

Software, samplers, drum machines and FX pedals are great levellers in that respect, can even make a useless asshole like myself sound half coherent and accomplished. Not that I've made a note in ten years or more, but been thinking of returning to dabbling of late, there's deffo something missing in my life creative wise.

Been looking at four tracks of late, but non within my budget, and not being an electrical wiz, the cheap broken ones would be a waste of money.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index