Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Edited Nov 17, 2014, 17:31
Versuvio Album Arrived
Nov 17, 2014, 17:31
'Tis indeed up for grabs right now in Merchandiser if you think it's your cup of tea. Maaan, would I love a T-Shirt with the Trilithon Records logo on (hint hint...coud be a seller?).
common era
865 posts

Edited Nov 18, 2014, 10:06
Re: Vesuvio album imminent?
Nov 18, 2014, 10:05
Andfurthermoreagain wrote:
I know Cope mentioned the Vesuvio album way back at his talks at Glastonbury and the Tabernacle but having heard nothing since I wondered if it had been held up or side-lined,

However, over on McGrail's Trilithon Records;

http://www.trilithonrecords.com/

Now, I don't know about anyone else but I just get a black screen with a grey olde-style etching/map of Vesuvius. I've tried it on 3 browsers and can't seem to find any links or anything else beyond this screen.

If this is the case, I suspect strongly that this a teaser for the album and it is coming very soon!

Works ok on my browser too. Links to:

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/merchandiser/item/TRCD06
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Nov 20, 2014, 20:53
Arrived today, very excellent it is too.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Re: Vesuvio Album in Merchandiser
Nov 20, 2014, 20:58
Citizensmurf wrote:
http://www.headheritage.co.uk/vesuvio/

Also apparently, an actual soundtrack to 131 is forthcoming. And the recent Urthona show recorded as Atlantis? is supposed to see release. This would make a nice collection of music from the novel. Is anyone itching for a Nurse With Mound full album (which could consist of more Wesley Willis type chorus')?

Fake sleeve (I assume) for one is shown in the fold-out of Vesuvio. Along with some other made up record covers, in a way that conjures up the imaginary records on the inner of Half Man Half Biscuit's "Cammell Laird Social Club".
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Edited Nov 20, 2014, 22:37
Nov 20, 2014, 21:43
Jah. Mine Too :) Shiny cover, Mmmmmm. Do you think the recordings listed on the inner sleeve are gonna see the light of day (Obvs. Neon Sardinia and Dayglo Maradona have). Desperate to hear 'Make Fuck', do you think they'll sound wacked out like early Boredoms? Would be cool.

As the legendary drummer Phil Collins once Sang " Ver, Versuvio, ahhh ah"

.......I'll get me coat.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Nov 21, 2014, 18:03
Monganaut wrote:
Jah. Mine Too :) Shiny cover, Mmmmmm. Do you think the recordings listed on the inner sleeve are gonna see the light of day (Obvs. Neon Sardinia and Dayglo Maradona have). Desperate to hear 'Make Fuck', do you think they'll sound wacked out like early Boredoms? Would be cool.

As the legendary drummer Phil Collins once Sang " Ver, Versuvio, ahhh ah"

.......I'll get me coat.

I'd love to think they might. But then I'd have like to have heard "Charlie Drake Sings Nick Drake" as pictured on a HMHB inner, and that turned out not to exist.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Nov 22, 2014, 04:14
"Charlie Drake Sings Nick Drake"

Ha ha, that reminds me of the bit at he end of Spinal Tap when David St Hubbins (The Patron Saint of Quality Footwear don't you know). Blatheres on about the Namesake series. A bunch of stories whose books are read on tape by famous people with the same surname.

Andy Carroll reads The Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll
Stone Cold Steve Austin reads Emma by Jane Austen
Tony Christie reads Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
Michael Owen reads Anthem for Doomed Youth by Wilfred Owen
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Nov 23, 2014, 10:15
Monganaut wrote:
"Charlie Drake Sings Nick Drake"

Ha ha, that reminds me of the bit at he end of Spinal Tap when David St Hubbins (The Patron Saint of Quality Footwear don't you know). Blatheres on about the Namesake series. A bunch of stories whose books are read on tape by famous people with the same surname.

Andy Carroll reads The Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll
Stone Cold Steve Austin reads Emma by Jane Austen
Tony Christie reads Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
Michael Owen reads Anthem for Doomed Youth by Wilfred Owen

Brilliant :)
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1704 posts

Nov 26, 2014, 16:25
Credits say "Recorded by Cliff Cheerio". Isn't that a pseudonym for Thighpaulsandra?
keefus
keefus
239 posts

Nov 26, 2014, 16:45
Yup, it is

http://www.discogs.com/artist/428313-Cliff-Cheerio
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index