Soundtrack Of Our Lives Week Ending 21st September 2014 CE

12 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Soundtrack Of Our Lives Week Ending 21st September 2014 CE
Sep 22, 2014, 21:51
Back in the comfort of my living room after almost a week on the road and a busy day at work - this week's soundtracks:

Shindig Magazine - Rocket Recordings mix track. All your favourite Rocket bands in the one track

Kikagaky Moyo - Mammatus Clouds. This is sublime, especially the two long tracks that drone, shimmer and ripple beautifully.

Earth - Primitive and Deadly. From Zodiacal Light is one of my favourite tracks of the year I reckon. Probably my favourite Earth album, though I agree with the Quietus review about Mark Lanegan's first contribution - seems to be singing to a different track. I assume it's deliberate but it hasn't really grown on me as much as the rest. But recommended.

Bong - Stoner Rock
Henry Flynt - Celestial Power
Anji Cheung - Ritual
Nick Cave - Boatman's Call
Richard Pinhas and Yoshida Tatsuya - Welcome in the Void
Lay Llamas - Ostro

English Heretic - The Underworld Service. Sounds (and looks) intriguing but I need more focused time with this. Not a casual listen.

And finally about to spin a couple of new 7" from the Brighton drummer Andy Pyne who I met at Supernormal 2013. One is Map 71 which features Andy with Lisa Jayne reading her poetry (enjoyed listening to the bandcamp download) and Kellar with guitarist Dan Cross.

Unsung Forum Index