Phones At Gigs

18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Re: Phones At Gigs
Aug 20, 2014, 14:42
i dont like it. I do usually take a camera and take maybe 2 or 3 snaps as a momento though so i am not without exeption. But i just hate the thought that everything has to be 'proved' we all have to have the evidence that we were there, sharing on social media 'while' we are there, because if we dont it didnt happen. Its this constant running commentry on your lfe that some people feel the nee to provide. People sometimes seem to watch the gig through their phone, zooming in to get a better view. Uploading it as soon as they get home. If i were a performer i would hate this, all these little machines being pointed at me, you want to connect with your audience, see their faces, see their eyes - its so important to get that reaction and feel the room, see them moving and dancing, interact with them, feel their energies. I dont like it at all. Peaple are calling and texting while they are at the show to 'prove' they are there. When i see a show i want to immerse myself in it and savour every moment in the now, i want to feel it. I like to be on the front row, i like to be able to really see the person performing, i want to make eye contact and see their fingers move and the expression on their face, i want to feel the vibrations coming from the speakers, i like to see the expressions on the faces of the people around me, i want to dance and do my thing and have a great time. I want to get the biggest 'experience' i can from it, when you hold your phone in front of you to me that makes it a very small experience, when your focus is on your phone and not the 'show' that is being given to you. I dislike other peoples phones intensly in any case, as i think they are a permanent distraction from real life and stop you connecting to many things of value. x

Unsung Forum Index