18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Edited Aug 19, 2014, 16:03
Re: Phones At Gigs
Aug 19, 2014, 16:03
Got used to it happening. Pretty much every gig in the last 7 or 8 years I've had someones hands/arms/phones waved in my face at some point. I guess it's just part of the modern gig going experience. I can't really complain though, as, like yourself, I've taken the odd snap, or short clip, for posterities sake, much in the way I buy or try to track down a recording of a gig I've been at.

What does irk me is the peeps that feel the need to film the whole bloody event (and they're usually six foot nine and standing right in front of me!).

I think we've forgotten the living n the moment/ giving in to the experience of concerts. If your experience of the whole event is through a 3 inch screen I think your missing out on the spirit of the night, as I feel your a little removed from the events unfolding before you if your worrying about the framing and focus of your movie.

I've been to several gigs (Shellac, Future of the Left, Pere Ubu to name names) where the band has got so pissed with camera phones that they've threatened not to play any more if peeps don't pay more attention. I can see their point, it must be rather demoralising if when you look out from the stage playing your heart out your greeted with a sea of arms and phones, not dudes digging your efforts.

Unsung Forum Index