Unsung Forum »
Your very quietest concert

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Your very quietest concert
Aug 19, 2014, 13:58
Mark Kozelek at Field Day. Could hear the fairground next to the tent more clearly than I could hear him. He seemed aware of - and rankled by - the lack of volume too.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: Your very quietest concert
Aug 19, 2014, 16:07
The Warlocks, Wolverhampton Little Civic, they broke down and didn't make the night.

Other than that was angle voiced folk lovely Nancy Elizabeth at Hare and Hounds, Kings Heath, just her, about 20 peeps and an Acoustic. Beautiful night.
naughtynige
naughtynige
778 posts

Aug 19, 2014, 19:08
Ha ha! I was there, I was amazed Kozelek didn't have one of his usual meltdowns.

I saw Lambchop at Somerset House who were drowned out when a seagull flew overhead squawking.
Lubin
Lubin
509 posts

Aug 19, 2014, 20:00
I think either Third Ear Band at the Vandike in 1970, they hitched down and arrived in dribs and drabs and started playing when the first two had arrived. The rest joined as and when.. or Roy Harper again Vandike 1970. There weren't many people there so he played the small stage acoustically and we a sat on the floor close to it.
garerama
garerama
1111 posts

Aug 19, 2014, 21:12
Believe it not Motorhead!I went to see them at Glasgow Barrowlands in the early 90s just after regulations had been made about noise (probably something to do the Swans tour - I did see the Swans in 1992 - Love of Life and it was tame). Another one that springs to mind was Orbital at Princess St Gardens during the Edinburgh Festival 1999 probably not trying to compete with the Tattoo at the castle - but that was more DJing than gigging.
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Aug 19, 2014, 22:28
Ivor Cutler - Canterbury Art College. At one point he got up and asked the people talking in the corridor outside to keep the noise down!

:o)
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Aug 20, 2014, 00:24
Terje Isungset's orchestra of instruments made of ice might be up there.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Aug 20, 2014, 04:59
Aug 20, 2014, 03:53
Gnomon wrote:
Ivor Cutler - Canterbury Art College. At one point he got up and asked the people talking in the corridor outside to keep the noise down!

:o)

I would concur with that. I saw Ivor Cutler in Edinburgh once. Nobody made a sound in between poems and songs. How to command an audience. Scare them!
Although, I'm sure he didn't mean it.

It's really hard to get some of his books though. I've been scouring the earth for 'Private Habits' for ages, with no luck, although I think I just found one. Anyway.

Shoplifters - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LddPuhzt0F4

I'm Happy -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Nt7PWtgOPI

Ivor Cutler- Life in a Scotch Sitting Room, vol 2, ep. 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWJT7HK4Mlc
espsummer
340 posts

Aug 20, 2014, 05:25
Donovan in Atlanta at a new age event called the Atlanta Whole Life Expo. I think it was 1992. This place was a huge maze of rooms where new age speakers of all sorts were behind each door. The Donovan concert was the size of a college lecture hall and i seem to think it was acoustic guitar only. Afterwards he signed my Mellow Yellow album and i ventured away to some main hall which was a sort of roadshow/expo purely of new age/hippies. Surreal. I wish i could do it all over again.
espsummer
340 posts

Aug 20, 2014, 05:28
forgot to mention.........tickets to the Atlanta Whole Life Expo back then were 8 dollars and the Donovan concert was free with general admission.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index