Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jul 29, 2014, 14:04
Re: Demos you prefer to the full versions
Jul 24, 2014, 16:20
Sin Agog wrote:
Markoid wrote:
The Lennon demos are on the Anthology box set thingy. Unfortunatley, mines got lost. I have a copy digitized. Sad, as it's one hell of a beast.

You mean the Lennon Anthology and not the Beatles ones, right? If that's got a bunch more bedroom beauties like Real Love, I'm up for it.

Yeah, the Lennon one. When moving house, I lost it. I just ordered a cheapo as a replacement. It's absolutely wonderful. 4 or 5 cd's I think.
garerama
garerama
1119 posts

Jul 24, 2014, 19:40
In my opinion the Troy Tait demos which were disregarded are superior to the first Smiths album.
spencer
spencer
3072 posts

Jul 25, 2014, 01:09
I love the extra disc in the deluxe ed of John Martyn's Solid Air and never play the original. The alt takes/demos breathe.
espsummer
340 posts

Jul 25, 2014, 08:17
i really agree with the John Martyn demos. Songs like Bless the Weather or Traffic Light Lady almost sound better as demos. David Bowie's "Quicksand" as a demo was definitely better than the Hunky Dory version in my opinion.
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Jul 25, 2014, 09:35
Tubeway Army - The Plan. Although there are as many unreleased tracks as demos of stuff that ended up on the debut, counts as an alternative debut. Just listened to this for the first time in ages. He gets a great sound.
Mantid
100 posts

Jul 25, 2014, 17:45
Crash by the Primitives stands out in memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eN2blt-kKw

I remember digging it and being much less impressed by the actual release
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Jul 29, 2014, 22:54
Markoid wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:
Markoid wrote:
The Lennon demos are on the Anthology box set thingy. Unfortunatley, mines got lost. I have a copy digitized. Sad, as it's one hell of a beast.

You mean the Lennon Anthology and not the Beatles ones, right? If that's got a bunch more bedroom beauties like Real Love, I'm up for it.

Yeah, the Lennon one. When moving house, I lost it. I just ordered a cheapo as a replacement. It's absolutely wonderful. 4 or 5 cd's I think.

£25. The whole thing is worth at least twice the price. An amazing thing. Demos and unreleased stuff. The odd live thing.John in Dakota and before in his house. Sometimes just doin stuff. Yoko was reluctant to release it, but she did. I'm glad she did.

1998 release.

Amazing. Buy it.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Jul 31, 2014, 00:47
Jul 30, 2014, 00:53
I met a psychiatrist (part of my job) a few years ago who met and assessed Mark Chapman (and Hinkley) in prison in the US. I can't go into too many details, but it seemed to be hard for the psychiatrist who diagnosed Chapman with a personality disorder. He was right though. Chapman needs treated.

In my opinion, needs treated. Not released, but possibly treated, in Chapmans case in a society that he understands. Not a dangerous one though.

Others may have different view, but this case, that obsession was beyond the realms of belief. Which is wrong!

Madness is sometimes there in people, but when it steps over the line, there can be trouble. I've met enough people who have commited the most abhorrant acts. The media have no clue. Am I a scared? No. Just have to understand, and try and prevent other things happening.

Fucking Shakesperian really.

There is hope though.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index