Yah Ho Wa Discog Breakdown

7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Yah Ho Wa Discog Breakdown
Jun 05, 2014, 10:41
I think one element of it is conviction terrifies a lot of people, especially the fence-sitting middle-class, but even so-called enlightened underground music fans. Other people's assurance is an ugly reminder that you've spent all this time on this almighty globe without finding anything you truly believe in. I'm a devout atheist, but I feel playing at spirituality is a great way of making the game of life a bit more entertaining. So Yahowha (after searching for a few releases I'm guessing this is the more common name?) and their cultish ritualistic antics only makes 'em even more interesting for me! Thanks again for writing that last post especially- this seems like one band it's utterly essential knowing a bit of back-story about. I'm still marinating on what records to get. I think I might steer clear of their more recent stuff if the music is, as you imply, not quite the rawest, purest ore the earlier material is. That book (The Source?) sounds sooo up my alley as well. I love books like Guitar Army, and the...source material for this sounds even crazier than the MC5 family.

Unsung Forum Index