Unsung Forum »
Yah Ho Wa Discog Breakdown

7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Re: Yah Ho Wa Discog Breakdown
Jun 05, 2014, 09:53
You reminded me that I forgot to include the post-Father reunion albums! These are: Sonic Portation, Feather of Wisdom, 2013, and Live at the Velvet Lounge. All feature the original Yahowha 13 guitarist, bassist and drummer. As far as 30-year reunion albums go, they are more than satisfactory, but compared to the original Yahowha 13 albums, something is clearly missing. Of the first three, I like Sonic Portation best. Haven't heard the fourth.

In the late 90's Sky Saxon and Djin Aquarian, the main Yahowha family guitarist, reunited for several albums. Many of these were never officially released, but could be ordered directly from Djin. (Once he realized what a fan I was, he kept raising the price) The ones I have are Happy Now, Air Puppy, Anti-war Pro Talk Peace Band, King Arthur's Court, Take Up Thy Name, Accelerate Yourself, and another one whose name I forgot. These range in styles from garage rock, to acid folk to spacey out-there-ness. But they also have their share of uninspired crap. I find the first four to be decent to great, with Happy Now and Air Puppy (my favorite)clearly deserving of wider release. The final three are terrible. Djin claimed he had over 40 CDs worth of new music that he did around this time with Sky, but I lost interest after a while.

Djin also self-released his own CD, "Destiny of Aquarius", which showcases hippy feel-good anthems for the Aquarian age. I suspect many HH's will consider it trite. Some of it is, but some I find to be optimistically compelling.

Djin also released 1 or 2 albums with Plastic Crimewave Sound, but I haven't heard them.
I think that's everything!

Unsung Forum Index