Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 May 2014 CE

37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 May 2014 CE
May 25, 2014, 12:39
1) John Martyn & Danny Thompson - Live At The Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal ... you don't trackskip this. Perhaps the finest gig recording of the terrible twins. Bloody wonderful ...... 2) Jimi Hendrix - Live At The Royal Albert Hall 2/24/69 ... complete show. The guit on Stone Free and elsewhere is amazing even for Jimi. A new video of this gig, fully synched and tweaked went up on crosstowntorrents.org a couple of months back. Squid may like : ) ...... 3) Jimi Hendrix - Miami Pop Festival ... top official release ...... 4) Gong - You ... the soundtrack to countless evenings of intoxication 'back in the day'.. having previously 'consciously' focussed on Hillage/glissando/synths, I've only realised quite recently just how brilliant Mike Howlett's bass is. This record has got a whole new second wind with me. Long overdue ...... 5) Gong - Magick Brother ... ulp, got to admit I can't remember hearing this before. Holds up very well. Daevid Allen deserves much more respect ...... 6) V/A - Glastonbury Fayre - Dead's Dark Star and a twenty minute Edgar Broughton Band in four piece mode Out Demons Out wigout ....... 7) Boards Of Canada - In A Beautiful Place In The Country ... a pinnacle of modern music, as is ....... 8) The Necks - Open ... like Spirit Of Eden and Laughing Stock, I shall play this sparingly as a treat till I pop my clogs. I adore it ...... 9) Alice Coltrane - Journey In Satchidananda ... essential too. Especially on warm evenings ....... 10) Chrome - Half Machine From The Sun ... bloody great, this ...... 11) Frank Black - in all incarnations - a couple of comps of his rarities that my mate's made. 'Wtf?' brilliance ...... 12) Frank Zappa - Shut Up And Play Yer Guitar ... : D / RIP/Missed ...... 13) Syd - Madcap Laughs ... ditto ...... 14) Pink Floyd - Piper At The Gates Of Dawn (Mono) ... another 'ulp' - never heard the mono version before. WOW !!!!!!!! ....... 15) The Doors - LA Woman (40th Anniversary Ed) ....... 16) King Crimson - Earthbound ... I sometimes think I'm a very instinctive kinda guy. My instinct says that seeing the forthcoming incarnation of KC is absolutely essential .....
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index