Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 May 2014 CE

37 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 25 May 2014 CE
May 25, 2014, 10:29
Datashock - Keine Oase in Sicht. Probably my favourite record of the year so far. 80+ double vinyl of improvised loveliness. Sublime

Datashock & Shivers - IV. Not sure what the Shivers refer to as seems to be the same Datashock personnel. Two side long drone pieces predating Pyramiden..

Ambarchi, O'Malley & Dunn - Shade Themes From Kairos. Sumptuous gatefold packaging with 5 stunning pieces of artwork (forgotten the guys name) and studio photos. Heavy and ethereal moments on this - those familiar with Ambarchi's drumming and O'Malley's solo guitar will no what to expect I guess. Nice analogue synth and mellotron touches from Randall Dunn.

Teeth of the Sea - A Field in England (Re-imagined). Vinyl finally arrived from Rocket! Pastoral TOTS

Sleaford Mods - Divide and Exit. An antidote to all the other stuff I've been listening to. Angry and funny.

Dom - Edge of Time. Not listened to this in ages but thoroughly enjoying it, been on heavy rotation. Alternating dark folk, doomy organ and electronic passages with a nice lysergic poem on the title track.

A&R Machines - AR3. Not as epic as Echo but enjoyable nonetheless.

13th Floor Elevators - Psychedelic Sounds and Easter Everywhere. Reading Patrick Lunborg's epic Psychedelia book which of course covers the Elevators.

Julian Cope - Jehovakill (Disc 2 of the Deluxe Edition)

Anji Cheung - Ritual. Free bandcamp download from a Cope approved artist. Was checking out her stuff as she is playing Supernormal this year.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index