Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 10 November 2013 CE
Nov 10, 2013, 23:24
Star Maps – Golden Fable
Some genuinely beautiful moments here.

Kube – Paul Haig
Some unusual moments on the new one from the former Josek K man. First play I wasn’t sure. Second play it made much more sense.

Mazes / RMXS – Moon Duo
Circles – Moon Duo
I haven’t been able to stop playing Circles – I’m gonna have to file it away for a bit before I get sick of it. Sleepwalker, with its hint of Suicide, is right up my street.

S/T – The Smiths
I’m reading the excellent Moz autobiography so I thought I would dig this out. I totally agree with his comments re this – the production really didn’t do the songs justice. I knew most of the songs from Peel sessions, seeing them live and that OGWT gig, so I was looking forward to the debut LP so much. And though I liked it, the disappointment was almost tangible and almost 30 yrs later the production sounds even worse. Such a shame!

Back To Land - Wooden Shjips
On first play Servants is the highlight for me.

Mosquito - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Only just bought this. I didn’t even get the last one but on the strength of one play I’m not gonna regret getting this.

Plus...
Green Man (single) - Earth Rod
Looking On – The Move
Observator – The Raveonettes

Misc...
Low Plays Nice Places download ep, Bob Marley & the Wailers at the BBC, Lou Reed Hammersmith Odeon 1992, and lots of old singles by A House, Associates, Blow Monkeys, Elvis Costello, The Cure, Paul Haig, Heaven 17, Joe Jackson, Mighty Wah!, The Pixies, Joyce Sims, The The and Bill Withers, etc.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index