Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 1 September 2013 CE

46 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 1 September 2013 CE
Sep 02, 2013, 01:22
Angel Witch - s/t. The Sweet of NWOBHM. Enjoyed this more than was proper. Inclusion of Baphomet as an extra track makes the album though. Their best song by a country mile.

Black Sabbath - Live Asbury Park (bootleg). From Sabotage tour. Sound shit hot. Sabbath must have enough of these recordings to release a representative live album, like Rainbow have with all those German tour recordings. The official Sabbath live albums really are bad.

Cream - Ultimate Cream. A band I never liked but gave this a listen over at my dads place (a new bathroom related exile). Bit beyond criticism really because they defined the sound for a few years after they split, a lot of bands I liked seem to have developed from where Cream split off. Some great singles. Still couldn't get through the original albums though.

Crumbling Ghost - 2.

David Bowie - The Man Who Saved The World. Also listened to the Memory Of A Free Festival single. Love this track. Was it the first thing Ronson was on with him?

John & Beverly Martin - Stormbringer.

Karen Dalton - In My Own Time.

Kevin Coyne - Sign Of The Times. I am so pleased I got to see him live a couple of times. Once with his Son on guitar who really was phenomenal.

Lumerians - High Frontier. I think it is better than Transmalinnia.

Minnie Riperton - Come To My Garden.

Mott The Hoople - Wild Life, Brain Capers.

Nazareth - Loud N' Proud.

Phil Manzanera - Diamond Head. A couple of guilt free ballads, a couple of songs sung by Eno that sound like escapees from Taking Tiger Mountain and a track sung by Jon Wetton that reminds me of that Blurred Lines song (though of course better). What more does one need?

These New Puritans - Beat Pyramid, Field Of Reeds.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index