46 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited Sep 01, 2013, 14:27
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 1 September 2013 CE
Sep 01, 2013, 14:26
Well lets see...

Just had to get the new Medicine album To The Happy Few -- I got this on vinyl. One thing, the sound quality sounded a bit iffy (maybe because it was hot and I had my fan on?) Maybe something wrong with the pressing, but otherwise it's a great return to form and it's nice to see Jim Goodall still up and playing.

Other things I just got:

Modern English: Ricochet Days -- Far from their best. Sounds too much like they're trying to keep up with their one-hit-wonder I Melt With You. So you get dopey shit like Rainbow's End. Across the Sea and Chapter 12 seem to be far better than the rest here, though...

Peter Gabriel IV (otherwise known as Security) -- I've come across this album before , but despite the occasional brilliance of Larry Fast's sound design I wouldn't call this Gabriel's best. But it ends with a nice up-tempo tune called Kiss of Life that should've been a single. (He does the Latino funk thing better than Lionel Ritchie!)

Some thing I dug out:

Thelonious Monk: Monk's Blues -- Had this long ago but doesn't move me. The kind of jazz that just sounds like dinner music.

Lydia Lunch and Lucy Hamilton: the Drowning of Lucy Hamilton

The Wolfgang Press: The Legendary Wolfgang Press and Other Tall Stories
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index